A delicious, ultra-easy chocolate chip pancakes recipe that can be the star of the breakfast table. Basic ingredients such as eggs, granulated sugar, flour, buttermilk, and chocolate chips are used in the preparation of these fluffy pancakes. If you love chocolate, don’t miss this pancake recipe.
About This Recipe
The combination of pancakes and chocolate has always been pleasant. If you think the usual pancakes that you always try are repetitive and boring, be sure to try these chocolate chip pancakes. In addition to the chocolate pieces inside, you can serve these pancakes with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Chocolate chip pancakes can be served for snacks and desserts in addition to breakfast.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour for these pancakes.
- Baking powder: Baking powder helps leaven the pancake batter, creating a soft and fluffy texture.
- Baking soda: Buttermilk is naturally acidic. Buttermilk’s acids react with baking soda to improve the rise of pancakes.
- Chocolate chips: I only used semi-sweet chocolate chips for these pancakes, but you can also use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or a combination of them.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is commonly used to make chocolate chip pancakes.
- Salt: You will find a small amount of salt in most pancake recipes.
- Egg: You will need one or more eggs, depending on the number of pancakes you make.
- Vanilla extract: The basic flavor found in all package recipes.
- Buttermilk: Classic pancakes are made with milk, but some pancakes can also be made with buttermilk.
- Butter: The butter should be melted or vegetable oil should be used instead of butter.
How to Make Pancakes Like a Pro?
- You can use canola oil or another light vegetable oil instead of melted butter in the pancake batter.
- Be sure to use baking powder to have fluffy pancakes. But do not beat it too much in the egg and do not mix the batter too much.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, there are several reasons. Remember to have a non-stick frying pan for pancakes. Grease the surface of the frying pan with a few drops of oil and kitchen paper towels. You do not need to put a lot of oil in the pan at all.
- The thickness of the pancake batter should be such that it can be easily poured but not too runny.
- Cook with low to medium heat. Pancakes do not need much time to cook. when you see bubbles on the top of the pancakes, it’s time to flip them.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes
In a clean, dry bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, vanilla extract, egg, melted butter, and sugar. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk so that the flour lumps do not appear inside the mixture. Add chocolate chips and whisk. Lightly grease a non-stick pan with oil spray. Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. When bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancakes, turn them over. Stack them on a plate and top them with whipped cream, extra chocolate chips, and chocolate sauce.
Did you like the chocolate chip pancakes recipe? Try my oatmeal pancake recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Extra chocolate chips, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce for topping
In a clean, dry bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, vanilla extract, egg, melted butter, and sugar.
Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk so that the flour lumps do not appear inside the mixture. Add chocolate chips and whisk.
Lightly grease a non-stick pan with oil spray. Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan.
When bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancakes, turn them over.
Stack them on a plate and top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.