If you are looking for a fun and fruity summer drink, this strawberry mint Mojito recipe is just for you! This is a delicious, refreshing and easy to make spin on the classic Mojito recipe.
About This Recipe
A classic Mojito is made from mint, lime, sugar, white rum and soda. In every sip of this mildly sweet drink you can taste zingy lime and freshness of mint leaves. Mojito originated in Havana, Cuba where there are large sugar cane fields and fragrant Mojito mint or Cuban mint is easily found there! According to its ingredients, Mojito can be considered in the category of mocktails or cocktails.
This simple to whip up strawberry mint mojito is fizzy and perfectly balanced with fresh strawberries, min, lime and rum. Bubbly strawberry drink perfect for sipping in the sunshine!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to whip up: Made with simple ingredients and a straightforward recipe, this strawberry mojito is a fruity spin on the classic. No fancy equipment is needed for this recipe, just the basics and 10 minutes of your time.
- Perfect for summer: It’s an amazingly refreshing drink perfect for sunny days!
- Easily adaptable: You can serve this bright pink drink with white rum as a cocktail or leave it out and make it a fizzy mocktail!
What You Need to Make Strawberry Mint Mojito
- Fresh strawberries: To make this mojito, we have to muddle fresh strawberries with mint leaves. This gives a fresh and sweet taste of strawberries to every sip.
- Mint: Use fresh mint leaves. Remove the leaves from the stem and smash them using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Simple syrup: Mojito should not be so sweet that you feel like you are drinking a mixture of water and sugar. Mojito should have a balanced sweet flavor with some tartness. You can use homemade simple syrup or store bought ones.
- Lime: Squeeze of lime balances the sweetness and adds a perfect sourness to the mojito.
- Light/white rum: You can simply omit the rum to have a strawberry mojito mocktail and add a bit more soda.
- Soda water: Plain or lemon-flavored sparkling water or soda is the best option for this mojito.
How to Make Strawberry Mint Mojito
- Place quartered strawberries, lime wedges, and mint leaves in a highball glass. Add simple syrup and muddle together until mint leaves are wilted and most of the lime juice has been released.
- Add crushed ice and light rum and top with soda and stir well.
- Garnish the mojito with strawberry slices, mint leaves, and lime wedges.
Did you like the strawberry mint mojito recipe? Try my blueberry virgin mojito recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Mocktail Recipes?
- Blue Mocktail Recipe
- Blueberry Virgin Mojito
- Watermelon Mocktail With Sprite
- Blood Orange Mocktail Recipe
- 1/2 Lime (cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 6 fresh mint leaves + 1 sprig for garnish
- 3 strawberries quartered + 1 for garnish
- Crushed ice
- 2/3 cup soda water
Place quartered strawberries, lime wedges and mint leaves in a highball glass. Add simple syrup and muddle together until mint leaves are wilted and most of the lime juice has been released.
Add crushed ice and light rum and top with soda and stir well.
Garnish mojito with strawberry slices, mint leaves and lime wedges.