This cookies and cream frozen yogurt recipe is beyond easy to make! You need just 5 ingredients and it will be ready to freeze in just 10 minutes. If you love Oreo cookies then you will love this recipe.
What is Frozen Yogurt?
Frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative to high-calorie and high-sugar store-bought ice creams. This frozen dessert is made with a combination of yogurt and other dairy products, flavorings, and fruits.
About This Recipe
Do you mostly avoid ice cream because of its sugar and fat content? As an ice cream lover, I was always looking for a healthier alternative to this frozen deliciousness. Frozen yogurt is lighter and healthier than ice cream with a slightly tangy and sweet flavor. There are no fancy ingredients or equipment needed to make frozen, you’ll have most of it in your kitchen already! Just like ice cream, which is flavored with different additives, you can make frozen yogurt in different flavors. This cookies and cream frozen yogurt recipe is so easy to make with lots of cookie crumbs in every mouthful.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: This frozen yogurt is easy to make and doesn’t require an ice cream maker. You need just 10 minutes and a simple few ingredients to make this lightly sweet dessert.
- No machine required: Most ice cream and frozen yogurt recipes on the internet require an ice cream maker, which makes us hesitant to make these desserts at home. In this recipe, there is no need to have an ice cream maker or churn.
- Easily adaptable: This recipe is easily adaptable. You can use your favorite cookie flavor or any additive you like.
What You Need To Make Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt
- Oreo cookies: For this recipe, I have used chocolate sandwich Oreo cookies.
- Greek yogurt: Use plain greek yogurt for high protein frozen dessert.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle sweetness and vanilla flavor to frozen yogurt.
- Honey: I add a drizzle of honey to sweeten the dessert. You can use sugar instead of honey.
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese adds more flavor and creaminess to frozen yogurt.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt
- Add Greek yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and honey into the food processor and pulse until it’s well-blended and smooth.
- Add 6 oreo cookies to the food processor and blend until Oreos break into small pieces.
- Chop or crush the remaining Oreo cookies and fold them into the mixture.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe, lidded container.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop using an ice cream scoop and serve immediately.
Did you like the cookies and cream frozen yogurt recipe? Try my strawberry shortcake smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo cookies
Add Greek yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and honey into the food processor and pulse until it's well-blended and smooth.
Add 6 oreo cookies to the food processor and blend until Oreos break into small pieces.
Chop or crush the remaining Oreo cookies and fold them into the mixture.
Transfer the frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe, lidded container.
Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Scoop using an ice cream scoop and serve immediately.