This strawberry shortcake smoothie is a creamy and refreshingly sweet smoothie perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even a light dessert. Once you’ve tasted a sip of this delicious smoothie you’ll find you can’t get enough of it!
About This Recipe
Want a quick, sweet, and tasty breakfast? Enjoy this delicious combination of strawberries, bananas, shortbread cookies, and almond milk. This easy recipe is ready in just a few minutes! Place all ingredients into the blender and whiz up until smooth.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Strawberries: Frozen strawberries add a perfect icy texture to this smoothie. If you don’t like the texture of the smoothie to be very icy, you can use fresh strawberries.
- Banana: Frozen bananas add natural sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Use fully ripe and slightly spotted bananas.
- Shortbread cookies: To make this smoothie taste exactly like strawberry shortcake, we use shortcake cookies.
- Almond milk: Almond milk gives a perfect creamy texture, smooth consistency, and rich flavor to the smoothie.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle vanilla flavor to the smoothie.
- Greek yogurt: Use plain Greek yogurt for this recipe. The greek yogurt adds extra protein and a creamy texture to the smoothie.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is my optional sweetener of choice for the strawberry shortcake smoothie. Of course, if you don’t have a sweet tooth, I recommend that you taste the smoothie before adding maple syrup to adjust the amount of sweetener.
How to Make Strawberry Smoothie
- Hull strawberries with a small paring knife.
- Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
- Pour into a glass and serve, topped with strawberries and cookie crumbles if desired.
Did you like the strawberry shortcake smoothie recipe? Try my mint chocolate chip smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled, fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 4 shortbread cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
Hull strawberries with a small paring knife.
Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
Pour into a glass and serve, topped with strawberries and cookie crumbles if desired.