Blue lagoon mocktail is made with blue curaçao syrup with vibrant and zesty notes of orange peel. This fizzy blue mocktail recipe is great to Sparkle your birthday parties and potlucks.
About This Recipe
Curacao Syrup is inspired by the liqueur with the same name mild orange flavor and citrus scent. It is used as a substitute for cocktails or non-alcoholic drinks. The blue color comes from food coloring and does not affect the taste at all. You’ll also find other curaçao colors, including green, red, and orange, but the most common color is blue. We are going to make a refreshing blue colour mocktail with blue curaçao syrup. Perfect for sipping by the pool.
What do You need to Make a Blue Mocktail?
Just three simple ingredients, blue curacao syrup, club soda or sparkling water, and lemon/lime juice.
- Blue Curacao syrup: You can use store-bought or homemade blue syrup. Blue curaçao has an orange flavor as it is flavored with orange peels. You can make the homemade version of this syrup with blue food coloring, orange peel, simple syrup, orange juice, and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Club soda or sparkling water: Plain or lemon-flavored sparkling water is the best option for this mocktail. You can even use sprite instead of plain soda. If you use sprite, reduce the amount of syrup so that the mocktail is not too sweet.
- Lemon/lime juice: For a refreshing mocktail bursting with a citrus flavor we add fresh lemon and lime juice. You can use only one of these two.
How to Make Blue Mocktail?
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- To make these mocktails special, you can rim the glasses with sugar.
- Pour the blue Curaçao syrup, lime, and lemon juice into the glass.
- Add sparkling water, club soda, or Sprite to the top.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, lemon, or orange.
What Is Blue Lagoon Mocktail Made Of?
You can make a blue color mocktail with simple ingredients. Blue curaçao syrup with vibrant and zesty notes of orange peel, fresh lime, lemon juice, and sparkling water or club soda is all you need!
What Does a Blue Lagoon Mocktail Taste Like?
It has a sweet, bright, and crisp citrus flavor.
Does Blue Lagoon Mocktail Contain Alcohol?
Depending on the brand, Blue Curacao can contain between 20 and 40% alcohol. I used a non-alcoholic version of Blue Curacao syrup and mixed it with lemon juice and sparkling water.
Did you like the blue mocktail recipe? Try my blueberry virgin mojito as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 3-4 tablespoons blue curacao syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 12 oz sparkling water or club soda or Sprite, chilled
- lemon slices for garnish
Fill the glass with ice cubes.
To make these mocktails special, you can rim the glasses with sugar.
Pour the blue Curaçao syrup, lime, and lemon juice into the glass.
Add sparkling water, club soda, or Sprite to the top.
Garnish with a slice of lime, lemon, or orange.