This ultra-refreshing classic Mojito Mocktail is a combination of mint, lime juice, simple syrup, and cooling soda water. A perfect non-alcoholic drink for any special occasion and easy to make from scratch.
About This Recipe
Nothing beats an ice-cold, bubbly, perfectly sweet, and minty-fresh drink on a summer’s day. Our mojito mocktail is a tasty non-alcoholic twist on the classic Cuban mojito which includes a shot of rum. It is non-alcoholic and mixes up quickly with just simple ingredients and minimal preparation!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Simple preparation and ingredients: The recipe for a classic mojito mocktail is relatively simple to make. All you need is 5 ingredients and a bit of time!
- Refreshing: This mojito mocktail is so refreshing. The combination of mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, and simple syrup creates a perfect balance of flavors.
What You Need to Make Classic Mojito Mocktail
- Mint leaves: Spearmint is the most common type of mint used in mojito recipes. Its subtle sweetness and mild taste make it perfect for mocktails.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice gives a refreshing and citrusy flavor to the mocktail. The lime juice is typically freshly squeezed and added to the drink along with mint leaves.
- Granulated sugar: Classic mojito recipes call for granulated sugar. In addition to the sweet taste, granulated sugar also gives a lovely crunchiness to the drink.
- Simple syrup: Simple syrup balances out the lime juice and adds a touch of sweetness to this mocktail. You can use store-bought or a homemade version.
- Club soda: Plain sparkling water or club soda is the best option for this mocktail.
How to Make Classic Mojito Mocktail
- In a highball glass, add the mint leaves, lime juice, granulated sugar, and simple syrup.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to gently muddle the mint leaves to release their flavor.
- Add ice cubes and fill the glass with club soda. Gently stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge.
What Is Mojito Mocktail Made Of?
This mocktail is made with lime juice, fresh mint, granulated sugar, simple syrup, and club soda. The combination of these simple ingredients creates a perfect balance of minty freshness, sweetness, and sourness.
Does Virgin Mojito Contain Alcohol?
Virgin mojito or mojito mocktail is a tasty non-alcoholic twist on the classic mojito.
Did you like the classic mojito mocktail recipe? Try my blueberry virgin mojito as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 4-6 ounces of club soda
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprig for garnish
In a highball glass, add the mint leaves, lime juice, granulated sugar, and simple syrup.
Use a muddler or wooden spoon to gently muddle the mint leaves to release their flavor.
Add ice cubes and fill the glass with club soda. Gently stir.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge.