Mocktails are often associated with summer, outdoor events, and social gatherings but there are also tons of fun non-alcoholic mixed drinks perfect for colder weather. You can enjoy this bright blood orange mocktail all year long but it is perfect for when citrus season is at its peak.
About This Recipe
A citrus-flavored non-alcoholic beverage that is very refreshing and great for the Christmas holidays. You do not need a lot of special ingredients to make it. Blood oranges, sparkling water, and a few fresh mint leaves, if the oranges are not too sweet you may need sugar too. Fresh ginger, a splash of lemon juice, vanilla extract, and other flavorings may be added to this mocktail to spice things up.
What Is a Mocktail?
Mocktails are non-alcoholic drinks with vibrant eye-catching colors and unique flavors that are so easy to make. These drinks are suitable for those who avoid alcohol for any reason. With simple ingredients on hand and a few minutes to spare, you can make a bubbly fancy drink that will be loved by everyone at the dinner table.
Blood Orange Mocktail Ingredients
- Blood oranges: Now that we are in the season of juicy, sweet, and vibrant blood oranges, it is better to make the most of them. You can make this drink or other desserts and cakes like blood orange upside-down cake and have fun with your family.
- Sparkling water: Plain or lime-flavored sparkling water is the best option for this mocktail.
- Ice cubes: Add two or three ice cubes to each glass of mocktail. You can also make mint ice cubes in advance to add just a touch of flavor to blood orange mocktails.
- Sweetener: I usually do not add sweetener to the blood orange mocktail because I think blood oranges have enough sweetness.
- Lime juice: A squeeze of lime balances the sweetness and adds a perfect sourness to the mocktail.
- Fresh mint: The fresh mint leaves can add the most flavor and scent to the drink. You can also use the leaves only to garnish the drink, or you can muddle a few mint leaves and pour them into a glass.
How to Make Blood Orange Mocktail?
Pour the blood orange juice into a pitcher. Add ice cubes, lime juice, sugar (if needed), and Sprite and stir well. Sprite is already sweet, so adding other sweeteners like sugar or simple syrup may make the mocktail overly sweet for some people. Divide the mocktail between glasses with ice cubes. Garnish the mocktail with blood orange slices and mint leaves.
Variations and Flavorings
- Adding a splash of ginger simple syrup adds warmth and a spicy aftertaste to any drink.
- A splash of vanilla extract adds a subtle sweetness, complexity, and warmth to the flavor or mocktail.
- Instead of soda, you can use 7-Up and Sprite, in this case, you don’t need to add sweetener.
Did you like the blood orange mocktail recipe? Try my Non-alcoholic Long Island Iced Tea and Roy Rogers Drink as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Mocktail Recipes?
- Blue Mocktail Recipe
- Blueberry Virgin Mojito
- Watermelon Mocktail With Sprite
- Sunrise Mocktail Recipe
- 1 cup fresh blood orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar or simple syrup (if needed)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 cup sparkling water
- Fresh mint leaves
- Slices of blood orange (for garnish)
- Ice cubes
Pour the blood orange juice into a pitcher. Add ice cubes, lime juice, sugar (if needed), and Sprite and stir well. Sprite is already sweet, so adding other sweeteners like sugar or simple syrup may make the mocktail overly sweet for some people.
Divide the mocktail between glasses with ice cubes. Garnish the mocktail with blood orange slices and mint leaves.