This mango milkshake recipe with ice cream is delicious and refreshing made with ripe mangoes, milk, and sugar. It is a creamy and sweet treat that you can enjoy during the summer months and satisfy your sweet tooth. Bring all the ingredients together in a blender jar and blend until pourable and smooth. That’s it! Everyone in the house will love the mango milkshake.
About This Recipe
A sweet and refreshing mango milkshake is a perfect drink for summer, also a great way to start the day, or perfect for a light dessert or snack. This mango milkshake with ice cream has the right balance of sweetness without adding extra sweeteners. You can customize this milkshake to your liking by adding more or less of any of the ingredients.
Why You Will Love Mango Milkshake With Ice Cream
- Refreshing and creamy: The combination of mango and ice cream creates a smooth and creamy texture that is an incredibly refreshing treat to sip on a hot day.
- Easy to make: This milkshake is a super easy-to-make dessert for the whole family. Needing just 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
- The perfect balance of sweetness: Mangoes are naturally sweet, and the addition of ice cream adds a touch of sweetness that is not too overpowering.
Mango Milkshake Ingredients
- Mango: Choose ripe and orange mangoes. Ripe mangoes have a fruity and sweet aroma. Use a paring knife to cut out the pit and remove the peel. It is best to use Alphonso mangoes for this recipe. Alphonso mangoes are known for sweetness, richness, and flavor.
- Whole milk: For the best results, use 2%, whole milk but you can use Non-Dairy milk like coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk.
- Vanilla ice cream: If you want the taste of mango to be dominant in the milkshake, use vanilla ice cream. Ice cream helps in making thick and creamy milkshakes.
How to Make Mango Milkshake Recipe With Ice Cream
- Using a sharp knife cut the sides of the mango off. Peel mango pieces and chop them. Add milk, ice cream, and chopped mangoes to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust the sweetness and texture. For a thinner texture add a splash of milk. Serve immediately and enjoy your refreshing mango milkshake!
- What makes a milkshake thicker? For a thicker milkshake, use less milk or swap milk with heavy cream or half-and-half. By using frozen fruits you will have a thicker milkshake. For this reason, put the mango chunks in a Ziploc bag and put them in the freezer for a few hours.
- Add your choice of flavorings like cardamom powder and vanilla extract.
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream, cashews, crushed almonds, or small mango pieces.
- If you use ice cream and ripe mangos to make the milkshake, you don’t need to add sweetener. But if the mangos are sour or tart, you can use sweeteners like maple syrup and sugar.
- Mango Milkshake Without Ice Cream: You can simply add ice cream or remove it from this recipe. The easiest way to have a no-ice-cream milkshake is to blend a few ice cubes with milk. Note that if you want to end up with a creamy milkshake you should add ice cream. Also, you can add frozen mangoes, plain yogurt, or vanilla yogurt to have a creamier milkshake.
- Mango Banana Milkshake: Blend together ripe mangoes, frozen banana slices, milk, and a sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, agave syrup, or sugar). The resulting milkshake has a rich and creamy texture.
- Mango Coconut Milkshake: Blend ripe mangoes, coconut milk, maple syrup, and ice cubes for a tropical twist on the traditional mango milkshake. You can also add a tablespoon of shredded coconut for extra flavor and texture.
Can I Make a Milkshake Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making it ahead of time. This milkshake is best served as soon as it is blended.
What Is the Secret of a Good Milkshake?
Use high-quality ice cream and fresh milk as the base of your milkshake. Mango milkshake should be thick and creamy, but still drinkable with a straw. Achieve the right consistency by adjusting the ratio of ice cream to milk. Add milk gradually until you reach the desired texture and consistency.
Did you like the mango milkshake recipe with ice cream? Try my pistachio milkshake and homemade Snickers milkshake as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Milkshake Recipes?
- Biscoff Milkshake Recipe
- Nutella Milkshake Recipe
- Dates Milkshake Recipe
- Salted Caramel Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups cubed mangos (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for topping
Using a sharp knife cut the sides of the mango off. Peel mango pieces and chop them.
Add milk, ice cream, and chopped mangoes to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
Adjust the sweetness and texture. For a thinner texture add a splash of milk. Serve immediately and enjoy your refreshing mango milkshake!
Add your choice of flavorings like saffron, cardamom powder and vanilla extract. For a thicker milkshake, use less milk or swap milk with heavy cream.