Want a refreshing side dish for your backyard potluck or a light summer fruity dessert? You can’t go wrong with this sweet and chilled melon and pineapple fruit salad. Filled with the freshest summer flavors, this fruit salad will be a family favorite!
About This Recipe
This fruit salad features a mouthwatering combination of tropical pineapple flavor and juicy melon chunks drizzled with a bright honey lime dressing. Each spoonful is a delightful symphony of flavors, textures, and vibrant colors. Melon and pineapple fruit salad is incredibly easy to make. Just chop up the fruits, mix them together in a bowl, and add a honey lime dressing with a hint of mint.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: This melon and pineapple fruit salad is so easy to make and it’s done in less than 5 minutes!
- Refreshing: This fruit salad is incredibly refreshing. The combination of chilled and juicy fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and pineapple provides a burst of freshness.
- Versatile: The melon and pineapple fruit salad is versatile and can be adapted to different tastes. You can mix and match your favorite fruits to create your very own fruit salad recipe.
Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad Ingredients
- Watermelon: It is best to use seedless watermelon for this recipe. Otherwise, you should pick the seeds out of the watermelon before use.
- Cantaloupe: It has a sweet flavor and fragrant aroma. Perfect to use in a fruit salad!
- Honeydew melon: Select a ripe and fragrant honeydew melon to make this fruit salad. The refreshing and sweet flavor of honeydew melon pairs well with other fruits.
- Fresh mint leaves: Mint leaves are commonly used as a flavoring or garnish in various fruit salad recipes due to their cooling and refreshing nature.
- Lime juice: Use fresh lime juice. Lime juice adds a burst of flavor and zing to the fruit salad.
- Honey: To make a simple salad dressing, you can whisk together fresh lime juice and honey for sweetness.
How to Make Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad
- Chop the fruits into bite-sized pieces. Cover and let them chill for an hour.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Place fruits in a large bowl and add salad dressing. Toss well to coat.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate the watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon for a few hours. Chilled fruits add a perfect refreshing element to the salad.
- Do not skip the dressing! Lime and honey dressing adds a refreshing kick and zesty flavor to the fruit salad.
- Chop some fresh mint leaves and sprinkle them over the salad for extra freshness and flavor.
- Add fresh and juicy berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries) for an extra summery kick!
- You can skip adding honey to the dressing and enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruits.
How to Store Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad?
This pineapple fruit salad is best served fresh right after you toss the fruits with the honey and lime dressing. If there are any leftovers of the fruit salad (with dressing added), keep it in an airtight container for up to 2 days. It’s best to store the salad and dressing separately.
How to Cut Watermelon?
With a paring knife, trim off the ends. Slice down the watermelon through the middle to create two halves. Trim off the rind of each half carefully. Cut each half into 1-inch slices. Then lay each slice down and cut them into strips. Then cut across the strips to make bite-sized watermelon cubes.
Did you like the melon and pineapple fruit salad recipe? Try my strawberry banana cheesecake salad as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 3 cups pineapple, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups honeydew melon, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, slightly crushed
Chop the fruits into bite-sized pieces. Cover and let them chill for an hour.
In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice and honey.
Place fruits in a large bowl and add salad dressing. Toss well to coat.
Add the chopped mint leaves and gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!