A sunrise mocktail is a refreshing, citrusy drink made from a mix of orange juice, and grenadine that resembles the colors of a sunrise. This vibrant mocktail is perfect for those who want a non-alcoholic drink that is fun and easy to make. It’s also the perfect thing to sip while sitting on the beach.
About This Recipe
This sunrise mocktail is one of the easiest drinks you can make in under 5 minutes with just a few ingredients! The classic sunrise cocktail also known as tequila sunrise is typically made with grenadine, orange juice, and tequila. Of course, you can easily skip the tequila because the alcohol-free version of this drink is also wonderful. Orange juice is the base of this drink, while grenadine is added to create the beautiful ombre sunrise effect. If you are not a fan of orange juice, you can replace it with pineapple juice. Also for those who can’t resist a good fruity drink, these are worth checking out!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: With only a few simple ingredients, you can make a refreshing and loveable that everyone will adore.
- Non-alcoholic: Sunrise mocktail is a perfect option for those who prefer not to drink alcohol.
- Visually appealing: In this mocktail grenadine sinks to the bottom of the glass, creating a beautiful gradient from red to orange. A garnish of an orange slice or a maraschino cherry is often added to complete it all.
What You Need to Make Sunrise Mocktail
- Grenadine: A sweet syrup made with pomegranate juice and sugar, used as a flavoring in drinks and cocktails.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice will add a pleasant and bright flavor to the mocktail.
- lemon-lime soda: Lemon-lime soda adds fizz and a bubbly texture to drinks. It will balance out the flavors and add a bright, tangy taste to the mocktail.
- Ice cubes
How to Make Sunrise Mocktail
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice to the glass and top it with lemon-lime soda.
- Using a spoon, slowly pour grenadine into the glass. The grenadine syrup will settle at the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre sunrise effect.
- Garnish your mocktail with orange slices or maraschino cherry.
- Garnishes can add a touch of elegance, visual appeal, and a burst of additional flavor to the drinks. So don’t forget garnishes such as maraschino cherries and orange slices skewered with a cocktail pick or an umbrella.
- Fresh juice always tastes way better than bottled juices. Opt for freshly squeezed orange juice to have the brightest taste and maximize the citrusy goodness.
- Use stylish glassware to enhance the presentation of your mocktails.
- If you don’t like pulp in your drink, strain the orange juice through a fine mesh sieve before using it.
- If you want to add carbonation to your mocktail without reducing the overall sweetness and flavor, use lemon-lime soda. If you want to mellow out the sweetness of grenadine.
- Pineapple Sunrise: Substitute orange juice with pineapple juice for a tropical twist on the classic sunrise mocktail.
- Raspberry Sunrise: Substitute grenadine syrup with raspberry syrup or fresh raspberry puree to create a fruity raspberry sunrise mocktail.
- Tequila Sunrise: This mocktail can easily be adjusted into an alcoholic adult cocktail by adding a splash of tequila.
What Is Grenadine Syrup Made Of?
The name “grenadine” is derived from the French word “grenade,” meaning pomegranate. Grenadine syrup is typically made from pomegranate juice, sugar, and water. It is usually used in cocktails and other beverages to add a vibrant red color and a unique fruity taste to your drinks.
What Is a Sunrise Mocktail Made Of?
Sunrise mocktail is super easy to make. You just need 2 simple ingredients to make this mocktail. It is typically made with orange juice and grenadine. If you want a little fizz, top with a splash of lemon-lime soda or Sprite!
Can You Make Sunrise Mocktail Ahead of Time?
This non-alcoholic grenadine drink is best enjoyed freshly poured because the carbonation will become flat as the drink sits out.
What Does Sunrise Mocktail Taste Like?
Sunrise mocktail is a sweet drink that has a citrusy and bright taste. The grenadine syrup adds a sweet and fruity flavor to the mocktail.
How Do You Get Grenadine to Sink?
Fill the glass with ice cubes. Pour in the orange juice and lemon-lime soda. Take a spoon and hold it just above the ice cubes at a slight angle. Slowly pour grenadine over the back of the spoon. The spoon helps slow down the pouring process and prevents the syrup from immediately mixing with the orange juice. The grenadine syrup will settle at the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre sunrise effect.
Did you like the sunrise mocktail recipe? Try my virgin Mojito with Sprite as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking For More Refreshing Drink Recipes?
- Cherry Mojito Mocktail
- Peach Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- Blue Mocktail Recipe
- Raspberry Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Mocktail With Sprite
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda or Sprite
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices for garnish
Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
Add freshly squeezed orange juice to the glass and top it with lemon-lime soda.
Using a spoon, slowly pour grenadine into the glass. The grenadine syrup will settle at the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre sunrise effect.
Garnish your mocktail with orange slices or maraschino cherry.