A sunrise mocktail is a refreshing, citrusy drink made from a mix of orange juice, and grenadine that resembles the colors of a sunrise. This vibrant mocktail is perfect for those who want a non-alcoholic drink that is fun and easy to make. It’s also the perfect thing to sip while sitting on the beach.
About This Recipe
This sunrise mocktail is one of the easiest drinks you can make in under 5 minutes with just a few ingredients! The classic sunrise cocktail is typically made with grenadine, orange juice, and tequila. Of course, you can easily skip the tequila because the alcohol-free version of this drink is also wonderful. Orange juice is the base of this drink, while grenadine is added to create the beautiful ombre sunrise effect. Of course, if you are not a fan of orange juice, you can replace it with pineapple juice.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: With only a few simple ingredients, you can make a refreshing and loveable that everyone will adore.
- Non-alcoholic: Sunrise mocktail is a perfect option for those who prefer not to drink alcohol.
- Visually appealing: In this mocktail grenadine sinks to the bottom of the glass, creating a beautiful gradient from red to orange. A garnish of an orange slice or a maraschino cherry is often added to complete it all.
What You Need to Make Sunrise Mocktail
- Grenadine: A sweet syrup made with pomegranate juice and sugar, used as a flavoring in drinks and cocktails.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice will add a pleasant and bright flavor to the mocktail.
- Ice cubes
How to Make Sunrise Mocktail
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice to the glass.
- Using a spoon, slowly pour grenadine into the glass. The grenadine syrup will settle at the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre sunrise effect.
- Garnish your mocktail with orange slices or maraschino cherry.
What Does Sunrise Mocktail Taste Like?
Sunrise mocktail is a sweet drink that has a citrusy and bright taste. The grenadine syrup adds a sweet and fruity flavor to the mocktail.
Did you like the sunrise mocktail recipe? Try my classic mojito mocktail as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices for garnish
Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
Add freshly squeezed orange juice to the glass.
Using a spoon, slowly pour grenadine into the glass. The grenadine syrup will settle at the bottom of the glass, creating an ombre sunrise effect.
Garnish your mocktail with orange slices or maraschino cherry.