Coffee lemonade or Kaffelemonad is a cold drink made by mixing cold brewed coffee or espresso with freshly squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup. You can add a splash of club soda or sparkling water for a fizzy, refreshing drink! If you are looking for a simple yet delicious drink to impress your guests, coffee lemonade is the perfect choice.
About This Recipe
If you have tried the Arnold Palmer drink(iced tea and lemonade) before, you probably won’t find the combination of coffee and lemonade unusual. Coffee and lemonade make the perfect combination of bitter and tangy-sweet. The lemon flavor adds a fresh, bright note to the coffee, and simple syrup balances out the tartness of lemon juice, creating a refreshing and summery drink that is perfect for sipping on a hot summer day.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Refreshing: Coffee lemonade is a surprisingly refreshing drink that can help you stay hydrated in the summer heat.
- Customizable: You can adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less simple syrup.
- Boost of energy: The caffeine in coffee lemonade can help to boost energy levels, making it an ideal option for those who need a little pick-me-up during the day.
What You Need to Make Coffee Lemonade
- Simple syrup: Simple syrup is used to add a balance of sweetness to drinks, from coffee and tea to mocktails and more!
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives a pop of flavor and tang to the coffee lemonade.
- Coffee: Typically cold brew or espresso is used to make coffee lemonade.
- Water and ice cubes
How to Make Coffee Lemonade
- Stir together water, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour lemonade over ice cubes until the glass is half full.
- Top with cold brew concentrate.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
What Does Coffee Lemonade Taste Like?
The combination of coffee and lemonade creates a unique flavor that is both sweet and tangy. The lemon flavor adds a fresh, bright note to the coffee, and simple syrup balances out the tartness of lemon juice.
Did you like the coffee lemonade recipe? Try my blueberry lemonade as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking For More Refreshing Drink Recipes?
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
- Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 cup coffee, cold brew or strongly brewed and chilled
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices
Stir together water, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
Fill a glass with ice cubes.
Pour lemonade over ice cubes until the glass is half full.
Top with cold brew concentrate.
Garnish with a lemon wheel.