Nothing beats a cold refreshing drink on a hot summer day. For coffee fans, iced coffee is the perfect solution! The best way to prevent your favorite iced coffee from getting watered down is to use coffee ice cubes.
About This Recipe
All you have to do for this recipe is to pour the coffee mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for 4 hours, or overnight. You can make these coffee-flavored ice cubes with your coffee of choice (cold brew, espresso, or instant coffee). With ready-to-use ice cubes in the freezer, your morning pick-me-up will be ready in seconds.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Refreshing and delicious: These ice cubes are a great way to enjoy iced coffee without worrying about it getting watered down.
- Easy to make: Coffee Cubes are incredibly easy to make. To enjoy an iced coffee, simply add them to a glass and pour milk or freshly brewed coffee over top.
- Versatility: You can use these ice cubes to make iced coffees, iced lattes, iced mochas, or a thick coffee smoothie.
What You Need to Make Coffee Ice Cubes
- Coffee: Make coffee with a coffee maker or use cold-brewed or even instant coffee.
- Sugar: You can add sugar to sweeten your ice cubes a little bit. You can also use brown sugar to sweeten coffee. Brown sugar adds a deep, caramel flavor to the ice cubes. If you are using cold brew coffee you can add simple syrup or maple syrup to sweeten the coffee.
- Make coffee of your choice.
- Pour hot coffee into a measuring cup add sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolves.
- Let the coffee cool for a few minutes
- Pour coffee into ice cube trays. Use a silicone ice tray so you can pop them out easily. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the ice cubes from the ice trays and fill your glass with them.
- Pour cold milk or hot coffee over them, and enjoy!
Silicone ice cube trays are flexible, which makes it easier to remove the ice cubes. Simply twist the tray, and the ice cubes will pop out effortlessly.
What Do You Do With Coffee Ice Cubes?
There are various cold coffee beverages you can make using coffee ice cubes! Iced coffees, iced lattes, smoothies, shakes and more.
How Do You Store Coffee Cubes?
Once the coffee cubes are frozen, remove them from the tray and store them in Ziploc bags for up to 1 month in the freezer.
Did you like the coffee ice cubes recipe? Try my homemade pumpkin spice latte as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups hot water
- Sweetener of choice
Make coffee of your choice.
Pour hot coffee into a measuring cup and add sugar and vanilla extract and stir until sugar completely dissolves.
Let the coffee cool for a few minutes
Pour coffee into ice cube trays. Use a silicone ice tray so you can pop them out easily. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove the ice cubes from the ice trays and fill your glass with them.
Pour cold milk or hot coffee over them, and enjoy!