A true autumn classic, the combination of delicious pumpkin with coffee. The warm and comforting pumpkin spice latte with oat milk will be your new autumn favorite! It is typically made of espresso, oat milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
About This Recipe
It’s easy to make your sweet and cozy pumpkin spice latte with a warm hint of the pumpkin spice mix. It combines espresso, oat milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar or maple syrup, and pumpkin spice mix to make a delightful fall-flavored latte.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Perfect for fall: A combination of cinnamon, vanilla extract, ginger, and nutmeg adds warmth and richness to the pumpkin latte.
- Versatile and easily adaptable: Would you like your latte to be dairy-free? Simply use your preferred choice of plant milk such as oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. Also, you can easily adapt the spices to your own preference.
What Do You Need to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin puree: To make a pumpkin latte, you can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree. I usually use homemade and fresh pumpkin puree.
- Spice: I really like the combination of cinnamon, ginger, and a little nutmeg along with the pumpkin flavor.
- Milk: You can use dairy milk or non-dairy milk for this latte. I used barista oat milk in this recipe because it creates a velvety foam.
- Coffee: A traditional latte is made with espresso shots mixed with steamed milk and a creamy layer of foam on top. Some people prefer to make a latte using strongly brewed coffee instead.
- Vanilla extract: Do not forget to add a little vanilla extract.
- Sugar: Use, brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey to sweeten your latte.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte With Oat Milk
- For the pumpkin puree, peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes, and cook it in the steamer for 15 minutes. Puree with a fork or blender.
- My pumpkin spice consists of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You can change the spice measurements according to your taste.
- In a small pot or saucepan heat all the ingredients(oat milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spice mix) except espresso on the stove until the steam rises. But make sure you do not boil the milk! You can use granulated sugar or brown sugar instead of maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture into glass cups and top off with espresso. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon or spice mix.
- Oat milk was used here, but any milk, dairy, or non-dairy will work just fine. Use barista oat milk for a foamier texture and creamier latte.
- If you’re looking to make an iced pumpkin spice latte with oat milk at home first fill the glasses with ice cubes. Combine oat milk, spices, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree in a blender until frothy. Add the milk mixture to the glass and finally top it off with espresso.
How to Serve Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Whipped cream with a little cinnamon or cocoa powder sprinkled on it is the best pumpkin latte topping. Make whipped cream easily at home, or use a store-bought one.
Don’t Have Pumpkin Spice Mix?
You can mix 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with a small amount of ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg and use it. You can easily adapt the spices to your own preference.
Did you like the pumpkin spice latte with oat milk recipe recipe? Try my vanilla cinnamon latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2 oz. hot espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
In a small pot or saucepan heat all the ingredients(oat milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spice mix) except espresso on the stove until the steam rises. But make sure you do not boil the milk! You can use granulated sugar or brown sugar instead of maple syrup.
Pour the mixture into glass cups and top off with espresso. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon or spice mix.