A true autumn classic, the combination of delicious pumpkin with coffee. Every autumn I make a pumpkin spice latte for the family and everyone loves it. If you have just made pumpkin puree, be sure to try this drink and enjoy every sip of it.
About This Recipe
It’s easy to make your sweet and cozy pumpkin spice latte with a warm hint of the pumpkin spice mix. It combines espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice mix to make a delightful fall-flavored latte.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Perfect for fall: A combination of cinnamon, vanilla extract, ginger, and nutmeg adds warmth and richness to the pumpkin latte.
- Versatile and easily adaptable: Would you like your latte to be dairy free? Simply use your preferred choice of plant milk such as oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. Also, you can easily adapt the spices to your own preference.
What Do You Need to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin puree: To make a pumpkin latte, you can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree. I usually use homemade and fresh pumpkin puree.
- Spice: I really like the combination of cinnamon, ginger, and a little nutmeg along with the pumpkin flavor.
- Milk: You can use dairy milk or non-dairy milk for this latte.
- Coffee: If you have an espresso machine or Moka pot at home, you will not have hard work. However, if you don’t have it and you don’t want to miss drinking a latte, you can also try other coffee alternatives, you can use the coffee you brew with a french press!
- Vanilla extract: Do not forget to add a little vanilla extract.
- Sugar: It does not matter which sweetener you use, brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
How to Make This Latte?
- For the pumpkin puree, peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes, and cook it in the steamer for 15 minutes. Puree with a fork or blender.
- My pumpkin spice consists of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You can change the spice measurements according to your taste.
- In a small pot or saucepan heat all the ingredients(milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and spice mix) except espresso on the stove until the steam rises. You can use granulated sugar or maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
- (Do not boil it.) Pour the mixture into glass cups and add 1 shot of espresso to each. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon or spice mix.
How to Serve Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Whipped cream with a little cinnamon or cocoa powder sprinkled on it is the best pumpkin latte topping. Make whipped cream easily at home, or use a store-bought one.
Don’t Have Pumpkin Spice Mix?
You can mix 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with a small amount of ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg and use it. You can easily adapt the spices to your own preference.
Did you like the pumpkin spice latte recipe? Try my vanilla cinnamon latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat all the ingredients except espresso on the stove until steam rises. (Do not boil it.) Mix well.
Pour the mixture into glass cups and add 1 shot of espresso on each. Top with whipped cream and pumpkin spice mix.