Tender and soft pumpkin Nutella muffins without butter bursting with pumpkin and chocolate flavor. These muffins with a melt-in-your-mouth texture and gooey chocolate-swirl goodness are great for snacks, tea, and afternoon coffee. Nutella muffins don’t take long to bake and you can make them with a few everyday ingredients.
About This Recipe
Pumpkin Nutella muffins are decadent, chocolaty, and fudgy treats that combine the rich flavors of pumpkin puree with the sweetness of Nutella. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet afternoon snack with a cup of coffee!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy: The best thing about these muffins is that they are amazingly easy to make, and come together with a handful of pantry staples.
- Full of chocolate flavor: These pumpkin Nutella muffins are so fluffy, packed with melty Nutella and warming spices.
- Great leftovers: You will love the soft and melt-in-your-mouth texture of pumpkin Nutella muffins. They will stay moist and soft for several days.
Pumpkin Nutella Muffins Ingredients
- Nutella: You will need 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Nutella spread for each muffin.
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin puree gives a soft moist texture and amazing flavor to the muffins.
- Pumpkin pie spice: I really like the combination of cinnamon, ginger, and a little nutmeg along with the pumpkin flavor.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds warmth and depth of flavor to the muffins.
- Flour: For this recipe, you need all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: Baking powder causes muffins to rise. Using the right amount of baking powder in cakes and muffins is very important.
- Vegetable oil: Vegetable or sunflower oil makes the texture of muffins soft and moist.
- Egg: In this recipe, only 1 egg is used.
- Sugar: I use a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar for pumpkin Nutella muffins.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds extra flavor and taste to the muffins.
How to Make Pumpkin Nutella Muffins Without Butter
- Before starting, gather the ingredients and place them on the countertop. Measure the required ingredients accurately. Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature and fresh.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Warm the Nutella in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until it’s spreadable.
- Spoon batter into paper cases and spoon about 1 teaspoon of Nutella onto each muffin.
- Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl. Bake for 19-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients with a spatula, and don’t mix the batter too much. Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls and then add them together.
- Do not overmix the batter. Ovemixing the batter will result in dense, or rubbery textured muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Use neutral-tasting oil that doesn’t strong flavor. Vegetable oil and canola oil work well in most baked goods.
How Should I Store Leftover Muffins?
Store any leftover pumpkin Nutella muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
What Temperature Do You Bake Muffins At?
Bake muffins in preheated oven at 350°F (170°C). This temperature provides a good balance between browning the muffin tops and ensuring that the insides cook through properly.
Did you like the pumpkin Nutella muffins without butter? Try my banana muffins with oil and brown sugar as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1½ cups flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Nutella spread
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and smooth.
Add pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth.
Warm the Nutella in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until it's spreadable.
Spoon batter into paper cases and spoon about 1 teaspoon of Nutella onto each muffin.
Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl. Bake for 19-23 minutes or until golden brown.