A twist on a childhood classic. These delicious peanut butter-flavored muffins are light, fluffy, and topped with sweet swirled strawberry jelly. These peanut butter and jelly muffins are easy to make and are perfect to serve for breakfast or dessert.
About This Recipe
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are soft and sweet muffins packed with peanut butter flavor and swirled with strawberry jam. These muffins are typically made by combining ingredients such as flour, sugar, milk, oil, baking powder, and eggs, with the addition of peanut butter and jelly for extra flavor. Serve them warm with a cup of vanilla cinnamon latte.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: These pancakes are so easy to make and they are done in less than an hour!
- Full of peanut butter flavor: These rich and flavorful PB&J muffins are bursting with warm peanut butter and deliciously sweet strawberry jelly.
- Great leftovers: You will love the soft and melt-in-your-mouth texture of peanut butter and jelly muffins. They will stay moist and soft for several days
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins Ingredients
- Flour: For this recipe, you need all-purpose flour.
- Peanut butter: Use smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy.
- Strawberry jelly: Use jam or jelly of your choice. I have used strawberry jam for this recipe.
- Baking powder: Baking powder causes muffins to rise. Using the right amount of baking powder in cakes and muffins is very important.
- Baking soda: Baking soda helps the muffins to rise and become light and fluffy.
- Vegetable oil: Vegetable or sunflower oil makes the texture of muffins soft and moist.
- Egg: In this recipe, only 1 egg is used.
- Granulated sugar: Adds sweetness and moisture to the muffins.
- Vanilla extract: Like all muffins and cakes that we bake, vanilla extract is essential.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk adds extra tenderness, moistness, and flavor to the muffins.
- Milk: Adds moisture and flavor.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins?
- Before starting, gather the ingredients and place them on the countertop. Measure the required ingredients accurately. Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature and fresh.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C or 374°F and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and smooth.
- In the next step, add buttermilk, milk, and peanut butter and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Spoon batter into paper cases and spoon about 1 teaspoon of strawberry jelly or jam on each muffin.
- Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Gently mix the muffin until the dry and wet ingredients are fully combined. Do not overmix! Overmixing the ingredients, whether in cakes, muffins, breads, cookies, or cupcakes, results in a hard texture.
- Place the muffins in the middle of the oven. This helps to bake the muffins evenly.
- All-purpose flour gives the best structure to the muffins. Use a whisk to fluff the flour before measuring. Use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup and then use the back of a knife to level off the top.
- You can use seedless strawberry or raspberry jam or jelly for this recipe.
Which Type of Oil Should I Use in This Recipe?
A neutral-flavored vegetable oil such as canola or sunflower oil, will work fine in this recipe.
How to Store Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins?
Store any leftover PB&J muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Did you like the peanut butter and jelly muffins recipe? Try my honey pear muffins recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Before starting, gather the ingredients and place them on the countertop. Measure the required ingredients accurately. Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature and fresh.
Preheat the oven to 190°C or 374°F and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and smooth.
In the next step, add buttermilk and peanut butter and mix for another 2 minutes.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until smooth.
Spoon batter into paper cases and spoon about 1 teaspoon of strawberry jelly or jam on each muffin.
Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.