If you want a simple and refreshing smoothie this mandarin smoothie recipe is for you! A bright and creamy pick-me-up in the morning or during snack time!
About This Recipe
This mandarin smoothie is a delicious and refreshing drink that combines the flavors of sweet mandarin oranges and creamy vanilla yogurt. It is typically made with ingredients such as mandarin oranges, vanilla yogurt, and frozen bananas, blended together until frothy and creamy. Some recipes may also call for milk or sweeteners such as honey.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: This smoothie is so easy to make and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- Simple ingredients: This easy mandarin smoothie recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients.
- Customizable: You can customize this smoothie to your liking by adding different ingredients and fruits.
What You Need To Make This Smoothie
- Mandarin: Use sweet and seedless mandarins or clementines.
- Banana: Bananas can be frozen or added to a smoothie at room temperature if you do not like your smoothie to have an icy texture.
- Honey or maple syrup: I prefer to use honey or maple syrup as a sweetener in smoothies but it’s optional.
- Milk or vanilla yogurt: Vanilla Yogurt adds creaminess and a delicious touch to your smoothie.
How to Make Mandarin Smoothie
Peel and de-seed the mandarins and cut them into small pieces. Pour all the ingredients into the mixer and give a few pulses until it is completely smooth. You can also add a few pieces of an ice cube to have an icy texture smoothie or add a splash of milk to enhance the creamy flavor. For smoothies, you need a powerful blender. If your blender isn’t powerful enough, it won’t be able to break up frozen fruits and ice.
- Using a powerful blender is a must when making smoothies. A powerful blender can easily blend frozen fruits, vegetables, and ice.
- If you have enough time, put the fruits in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill. Otherwise, you should add more ice to the mixer.
- Instead of using dairy milk, you can use soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
- To sweeten your smoothie you can add a little honey or sugar (about a tablespoon).
- Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or sugar if desired.
- If you don’t have vanilla yogurt on hand you can use plain yogurt and then add a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
Can Smoothies Be Made Ahead and Refrigerated?
I prefer to enjoy smoothies right away. This mandarin smoothie is best eaten immediately, or at least within 1 day. You can store smoothie leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Give it a quick stir if it separates.
Did you like the mandarin smoothie recipe? Try my apple pie smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Smoothie Recipes?
- Kiwi Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 banana peeled and frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt or milk of choice
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix all together until smooth.
Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or sugar if desired. Serve immediately.