Hot chocolate is one of those thick and rich chocolate-flavored beverages that you can not ignore. This Nutella hot chocolate combines the velvety richness of Nutella with the comforting warmth and indulgence of hot chocolate.
About This Recipe
Rich, velvety hot chocolate made from made from melted chocolate or cocoa powder, hot milk or water, and possibly some sugar. Hot chocolate, along with espresso and cappuccino, is one of the best-selling menu items in coffee shops. In this recipe, we are going to have hot chocolate with Nutella and hazelnut flavors. I think this hot chocolate is really a hug in a mug. 🥰☕
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: With a few basic ingredients, you can easily make a cup of rich and velvety Nutella hot chocolate. Better than a store-bought one and way tastier.
- Delicious: To enhance the flavor and richness of the drink a generous spoonful of Nutella is added to the mixture.
- Warm and comforting: A cup of hot chocolate is a perfect mood-booster on cold days. Every sip is a burst of warm and comforting flavors.
What do You Need to Make Nutella Hot Chocolate?
- Nutella: Nutella is without a doubt one of the most beloved hazelnut spreads. Surely, when you hear the brand name Nutella, you imagine a breakfast table in your mind, but this time we are not going to eat Nutella a piece of toast, but we want to make a delicious drink with Nutella.
- Milk: You can use your favorite milk for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder: You may have gone to a coffee shop and ordered a hot chocolate, but you were disappointed with the taste and just felt like you were just drinking cocoa milk. To make a thick and rich hot chocolate, you should use melted chocolate and cocoa powder together.
- Sugar: If the sweetness does not suit you, add more sugar.
- Also, add a few marshmallows or a little whipped cream to the cup of hot chocolate at the end.
How to Make Nutella Hot Chocolate?
- Pour milk into a saucepan put it on medium-low heat and bring it to simmer.
- When the milk has started to steam, lower the heat.
- Add Nutella, cocoa powder, and a pinch of cinnamon. Stir it continuously until dissolved and combined and then take off the heat.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream.
Can I Add Other Ingredients to Nutella Hot Chocolate?
Yes, you can customize your Nutella hot chocolate by adding a splash of vanilla extract, or peppermint essence or sprinkling a dash of cardamom powder, cayenne, or cinnamon for extra spice.
Did you like the Nutella hot chocolate recipe? Try my Biscoff latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of cinnamon(optional)
- Whipped cream or marshmallows (optional)
Pour milk into a saucepan and put it on medium-low heat and bring it to simmer.
When the milk has started to steam, lower the heat.
Add Nutella, cocoa powder, and a pinch of cinnamon. Stir it continuously until dissolved and combined and then take off the heat.
Pour hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream of marshmallows.