This rich, chocolatey, ooey-gooey Nutella mug cake without egg will be your new go-to sweet treat! You can have Nutella mug cake ready in 5 minutes. With an extra drizzle of melted Nutella or a scoop of vanilla ice cream this recipe absolutely worth trying!
About This Recipe
Almost all cakes are made with flour, eggs, and baking powder. To bake a cake, you have to pour the batter into the mold and put it in the oven, and depending on the size of the cake, you should wait at least 30 to 45 minutes for it to be fully baked. The good news is that you do not need a cake tin or oven to make this amazing mug cake!
Mug cake is a single-serving cake that is made inside a microwave-safe mug as its name implies. Make cake batter, pour it into a mug, and pop it into a microwave. That’s it! You do not need an oven to make them!
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Easy to make: Mug cakes are super easy to make. They require minimal ingredients and can be whipped up quickly and easily in a matter of minutes.
- Single serving: Mug cakes are individual-sized desserts, allowing you to enjoy a taste of indulgence without spending the time to bake an entire cake.
Versatile: Mug cakes can be easily customized based on your preferences, and what you have on-hand. They can be made with various ingredients and toppings.
Nutella Mug Cake Ingredients
- Nutella: Nutella is without a doubt one of the most beloved hazelnut spreads. Surely, when you hear the brand name Nutella, you imagine a breakfast table in your mind, but this time we are not going to eat Nutella on a piece of toast, but we want to make a delicious mug cake with Nutella.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder gives an intense chocolate taste to the mug cake.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder: Baking powder ensures that your mug cake rises and fluffs.
- Milk: You can use dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Vegetable oil: The oil in the recipe helps to moisturize the texture of the cake.
- Sugar: Nutella itself is sweet, so you do not need to add too much sweetener. You can add a spoonful of sugar to balance the sweetness.
- Extra Nutella and frozen or fresh berries for topping.
How to Make Nutella Mug Cake Without Egg
Add Nutella spread into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10-20 seconds. It should be soft and runny. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt into the mug and mix well. Add milk, oil, and sugar, and mix until just combined. Microwave for approximately 60 to 90 seconds or until cooked through. Remove from the microwave and top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle warm Nutella spread.
- It is not necessary to add cocoa powder but it gives an intense chocolate flavor to the mug cake.
- Serve Nutella mug cake right out of the microwave with whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries, or melted Nutella for an after-dinner dessert or sweet afternoon treat.
Can I Bake a Mug Cake in the Oven?
Yes, you can bake a mug cake in the oven. Simply prepare the batter and transfer it to an oven-safe mug or ramekin. Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Why Are Mug Cakes Dry?
Do not overbake your mug cakes. Mug cakes have a short baking time and dry very quickly. To prevent the cake texture from drying out, stop microwaving as soon as you notice that the surface of the cake is no longer wet and undercooked.
How Do You Keep a Mug Cake From Overflowing?
Don’t fill the mug more than half full otherwise, you will end up with a huge mess all over your microwave.
Did you like the Nutella mug cake without egg? Try my Strawberry Nutella Overnight Oats recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Mug Cake Recipes?
- Biscoff Mug Cake Recipe
- Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake Recipe
- Fluffy Strawberry Nutella Pancakes
- Nutella Hot Coffee Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Nutella + extra for topping
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A scoop of ice cream of fresh or frozen berries
Add Nutella spread into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10-20 seconds.
It should be soft and runny. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe mug and mix well.
Add milk, oil, and sugar, and mix until just combined. Microwave for approximately 60 to 90 seconds or until cooked through. Remove from the microwave and top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle warm Nutella.