This rich, chocolate-y, ooey-gooey Nutella mug cake will be your new go-to sweet treat! You can have Nutella mug cake recipe ready in 5 minutes. With an extra drizzle of melted Nutella or a scoop of vanilla ice cream this recipe absolutely worth trying!
About This Recipe
Almost all cakes are made with flour, eggs, and baking powder. To bake a cake, you have to pour the batter into the mold and put it in the oven and depending on the size of the cake, you should wait at least 30 to 45 minutes for it to be fully baked. The good news is that you do not need a cake tin or oven to make this amazing mug cake!
Mug cake is a single serving cake that is made inside the cup as its name implies. Make cake batter, pour it into cups, and bake. That’s it! You do not need an oven to make them!
What do You Need to Make a Nutella Mug Cake?
- Nutella: Nutella is without a doubt one of the most beloved hazelnut spreads. Surely, when you hear the brand name Nutella, you imagine a breakfast table in your mind, but this time we are not going to eat Nutella a piece of toast, but we want to make a delicious mug cake with Nutella.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder gives an intense chocolate taste to the mug cake.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder: Baking powder ensures that your mug cake rises and fluffs.
- Milk: You can use dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Vegetable oil: The oil in the recipe helps to moisturize the texture of the cake.
- Sugar: Nutella itself is sweet, so you do not need to add too much sweetener. You can add a spoonful of sugar to balance the sweetness.
- Extra Nutella and frozen or fresh berries for topping.
How to Make Nutella Mug Cake?
Add Nutella spread into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10-20 seconds. It should be soft and runny. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt into the mug and mix well. Add milk, oil, and sugar, and mix until just combined. Microwave for approximately 60 to 90 seconds or until cooked through. Remove from the microwave and top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle warm Nutella spread.
Tips and Tricks
- It is not necessary to add cocoa powder but it gives an intense chocolate flavor to baked goods.
- Serve Nutella mug cake right out of the microwave with whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries or melted Nutella for an after-dinner dessert or sweet afternoon treat.
Did you like the Nutella mug cake recipe? Try my Nutella overnight oats recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Mug Cake Recipes?
- 2 tablespoons Nutella + extra for topping
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A scoop of ice cream of fresh or frozen berries
Add Nutella spread into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10-20 seconds.
It should be soft and runny. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe mug and mix well.
Add milk, oil, and sugar, and mix until just combined. Microwave for approximately 60 to 90 seconds or until cooked through. Remove from the microwave and top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle warm Nutella.