Strawberry Nutella Overnight Oats are delicious and incredibly easy-to-make breakfast to kickstart your busy mornings the right way. This recipe combines the creamy old-fashioned oats and sweet goodness of Nutella with fresh strawberries to give you that perfect breakfast packed with fiber and protein.
About This Recipe
Breakfast is often referred to as the most important meal of the day, but many people skip this meal because of their busy schedules. Overnight oats are one of those options that are both filling and you can prepare them the night before. In addition to being delicious, they provide us with the energy we need for a few hours. If you are one of those people who love chocolate spreads, then this Strawberry Nutella overnight oats recipe will definitely find a special place in your favorites list.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Delicious: The sweetness of strawberries pairs well with the chocolatey and rich Nutella flavor.
- Creamy: Overnight oats are soaked in liquid overnight, which results in a creamy texture. When combined with Nutella, the consistency becomes rich and luscious.
- Nutritional benefits: Oats are a good source of fiber and protein and can help keep you feeling full for longer. Milk and yogurt provide calcium and protein, while cream cheese adds a little bit of creaminess, sweetness, and fat.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Nutella Overnight Oats
- Milk: I usually use dairy milk, but you can also use non-dairy milk according to your taste. Full-fat milk, skimmed milk and even plant-based milk (almond, oat, coconut, or regular dairy milk) work well for this recipe.
- Rolled oats: Use rolled oats (old-fashioned oats) for this recipe. Quick oats are rolled much thinner than rolled oats. This process makes their cooking time shorter. For this reason, when mixed with milk and left in the refrigerator overnight, they will turn mushy.
- Nutella: Nutella adds a sweet twist and extra touch of nutty flavor to the overnight oats.
- Strawberries: Adding fresh strawberries gives a fruity sweetness to the overnight oats. If you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, frozen blackberries will work fine.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds an additional protein boost to your breakfast.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds absorb a lot of liquid, which helps to create a thick and creamy texture in overnight oats.
- Fresh fruits and nuts
How to Make Strawberry Nutella Overnight Oats
- In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seed, and Nutella. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the strawberry Nutella overnight oats with chopped hazelnuts on top, extra Nutella, and fresh strawberries.
Melted Nutella, maple syrup, honey, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, toasted nuts, and granola can be the topping of your overnight oats. If you do not have any of the above, you can head to the fruit drawer in the refrigerator. Strawberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, and raspberries are the fruits that go well with Biscoff overnight oats.
What Is the Ratio of Oats to Milk?
The ratio I always use for overnight oats is 1:1. Mix one part old-fashioned oats with one part milk. Add extra milk if you like thinner overnight oats.
Can I Add Other Fruits or Toppings?
Yes, feel free to add chopped nuts or other fruits such as bananas and blueberries. You can also drizzle some melted Nutella on top to add more flavor and sweetness.
How to Store Leftovers?
Depending on what you used in the recipe, you can refrigerate overnight oats in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
Did you like the Strawberry Nutella overnight oats recipe? Try my peanut butter overnight oats recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Fresh strawberries for topping
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seed, and Nutella. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Stir in the chopped strawberries until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
Serve the strawberry Nutella overnight oats with chopped hazelnuts on top, extra Nutella, and fresh strawberries.