Just blend together plain Greek yogurt, pomegranate juice, bananas and a handful of blueberries for a slightly sweet and packed with nutrients smoothie. This pomegranate smoothie recipe is great for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up snack.
About This Recipe
Since I’m a pomegranate lover, each autumn when they are in the season, I buy them in bulk. There are countless recipes you can make with pomegranate, winter fruit salad, pomegranate milkshake and smoothie and many desserts! There’s no recipe easier than this pomegranate smoothie. Just toss a bunch of ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
Ingredients You Need
- Pomegranate: To make this smoothie, we need pomegranate juice. Pomegranate juice is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, making it a great choice for a refreshing smoothie. You can either use store-bought or fresh pomegranate juice.
- Plain Greek yogurt: Yogurt adds protein and creaminess to the smoothie.
- Bananas: Adding frozen banana slices gives a creamy and thick texture to the smoothie.
- Blueberries: You can boost nutrition and flavor by adding blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to the smoothie. I had some frozen blueberries in the freezer that I added.
- Pomegranate arils: Add pomegranate seeds for garnish.
- Sweetener: You can use maple syrup or sugar to adjust the sweetness level of the smoothie.
How to Make Pomegranate Smoothie?
- Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
- Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with pomegranate arils and fresh berries if desired.
Did you like the pomegranate smoothie recipe? Try my apricot smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils for garnish
Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
Pour into a tall glass and garnish with pomegranate arils and fresh berries if desired.