This easy pumpkin chai latte is a creamy blend of black tea, pumpkin pie spice, your choice of steamed milk, and a sweetener like sugar, vanilla simple syrup, or honey. The tea is steeped in hot water to release the flavor slowly, then mixed with pumpkin pie spice, steamed milk, and sweetener to create a delicious fall-flavored and latte-like drink.
About This Recipe
A Chai Latte is a delicious and comforting beverage that combines the earthy flavors of chai with the rich creaminess of latte. Chai AKA Tea is typically made by steeping black tea with a blend of spices, which infuses the tea with a warming and pleasant taste. Perfectly spiced tea is then combined with warm, steamed milk to create a creamy and latte-like texture. This pumpkin chai latte is a unique twist on classic chai latte. Incorporating real pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice infuses your chai latte with a hint of fall flavor.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Perfect for fall: A combination of cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice adds warmth and richness to the chai latte.
- Versatile and easily adaptable: Would you like your chai latte to be dairy-free? Simply use your preferred choice of plant milk such as oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. Also, you can easily adapt the spices to your own preference.
- Easy to make: You don’t need any specific equipment or ingredients to make this delicious chai latte. Also making your own pumpkin chai latte at home can help you save money and time.
What Do You Need to Make Pumpkin Chai Latte
- Black tea bags: To make a chai latte you need black tea bags. Any high-quality type of loose-leaf black tea bag will work.
- Pumpkin puree: To make a pumpkin latte, you can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree. I usually use homemade and fresh pumpkin puree.
- Spices: The pumpkin pie spice adds warmth and depth of flavor.
- Milk: Whole milk has a higher fat content, which gives a creamy and smooth texture to chai latte. You can also use plant-based milk alternatives such as almond milk and oat milk.
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey to sweeten the chai latte.
How to Make Pumpkin Chai Latte
- Start by boiling fresh water in a small saucepan on the stove. Remove water from the heat. Add the tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Remove the tea bags from the water. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the tea bags to get the most aroma and flavor.
- Heat pumpkin puree and spices in the saucepan.
- Add milk to the saucepan and heat over medium heat until it starts to steam. Add sugar and vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Froth milk with a milk frother or French press. Divide the chai tea concentrate between two mugs and top with frothed milk.
- Sprinkle chai latte with extra ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to your pumpkin chai latte as a finishing touch.
How to Froth Milk Without Milk Frother?
Heat milk until it is steaming. Pour hot milk into a heat-proof mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close the lid tightly and shake the jar vigorously for about 30 seconds or until the milk is frothy.
Did you like the pumpkin chai latte recipe? Try my pumpkin spice latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 tablespoons real pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Start by boiling fresh water in a small saucepan on the stove. Remove water from the heat. Add the tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes in hot water.
Remove the tea bags from the water. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the tea bags to get the most aroma and flavor.
Heat pumpkin puree and spices in the saucepan.
Add milk to the saucepan and heat over medium heat until it starts to steam. Add sugar and vanilla extract and remove from heat.
Froth milk with a milk frother or French press. Divide the chai tea concentrate between two mugs and top with frothed milk.