This creamy and perfectly sweet pumpkin overnight oats with pumpkin puree, oats, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, chia seeds, and pecans tastes just like pumpkin pie! You will love the cozy, comforting, and cinnamon-spiced pumpkin overnight oats without yogurt.
About This Recipe
This easy, hearty, and healthy pumpkin overnight oats recipe has delicious fall flavors and is loaded with crunchy pecan nuts. This make-ahead breakfast can be enjoyed hot or cold with your favorite toppings. It tastes like a pumpkin pie in a jar. To make pumpkin overnight oats, you will need rolled oats, milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and a sweetener of your choice (such as honey or maple syrup).
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Delicious: Pumpkin overnight oats are a satisfying breakfast option that combines the rich flavors of pumpkin with warming spices and hearty oats.
- Make ahead recipe: You can make this dessert ahead of time and store it in the fridge for about 3-4 days. The oats will absorb the milk and soften overnight. The next morning, grab a spoon and dig into your favorite breakfast.
- Nutritional benefits: Oats are a good source of fiber and protein and can help keep you feeling full for longer.
What You Need to Make Pumpkin Overnight Oats Without Yogurt
- Milk: I used whole milk in this recipe, but you can also use non-dairy milk according to your taste. Full-fat milk, skimmed milk and even plant-based milk (almond, oat, coconut, or regular dairy milk) work well for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin puree gives a beautiful color and delicious flavor and texture to the oats.
- Cinnamon: Gives a sweet and spicy taste to the overnight oats.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Pumpkin spice adds warm and cozy fall flavors.
- Rolled oats: Use rolled oats (old-fashioned oats) for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is my sweetener of choice for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds sweetness and flavor.
- Walnuts: Top overnight oats with crushed pecans or walnuts to add a nice crunch and nutty flavor.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds absorb a lot of liquid, which helps to create a thick and creamy texture in overnight oats.
How to Make Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, pumpkin puree, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the pumpkin overnight oats with crushed pecans, roasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts on top, a spoonful of whipped cream, and drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired.
- Mix in some chocolate chips to the overnight oats mixture for some added texture and sweetness.
- Top pumpkin overnight oats with banana slices for a tasty combination.
- To have creamier overnight oats add a spoonful of nut butter.
What Is the Ratio of Oats to Milk?
The ratio I always use for overnight oats is 1:1. Mix one part old-fashioned oats with one part milk. Add extra milk if you like thinner overnight oats.
How to Make Overnight Oats More Creamy?
For extra creamy overnight oats, you can add a little plain yogurt, Greek yogurt, or non-dairy yogurt to the mixture. For a pudding-like texture add a tablespoon of chia seeds.
Did you like the pumpkin overnight oats without yogurt? Try my Blackberry Overnight Oats recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pecans and whipped cream for topping
In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, pumpkin puree, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
Serve the pumpkin overnight oats with crushed pecans, roasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts on top, a spoonful of whipped cream, and drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired.