The weather is warming up, a good time to try a sweet, creamy, and refreshing beverage that is made from milk, ice cream, sweet strawberries, and Oreo cookies. Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies? Follow the instructions for a delicious and decadent Strawberry Oreo Milkshake.
About This Recipe
Looking for new ways to make a decadent dessert with everyone’s favorite Oreo sandwich cookies? Check out this strawberry Oreo milkshake recipe. Made with sweet, ripe strawberries mixed with finely crushed Oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream and topped with sweetened whipped cream. You can’t go wrong with the combination of Oreos and strawberries. Just a summer perfection!
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Quick and easy: This thick and creamy milkshake is easy to make at home and comes together in minutes with very little fuss.
- Just need 4 ingredients: Yes! You just need 4 ingredients to make this milkshake. Ice cream, Strawberries, Oreo cookies, and milk.
- Perfect for spring and summer: Refreshing, creamy, and cool dessert for spring and summer days. It’s an indulgent twist on the classic milkshake that combines the flavors of strawberries and chocolatey Oreo cookies.
What You Need To Make Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- Strawberries: Use fresh or frozen strawberries. In fact, using frozen strawberries can help create a thicker milkshake.
- Oreo sandwich cookies: You can use regular Oreo sandwich cookies or the Strawberry Cheesecake Oreo flavor. Both options will work well!
- Ice cream: I used vanilla ice cream for this recipe, but you can use a combination of vanilla and strawberry ice cream.
- Milk: For the creamiest milkshake, use full-fat milk but skimmed milk or dairy-free alternatives will work too. The amount of milk and ice cream you add to the milkshake is very important, the ratio of these two should be balanced so that the milkshake is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- Before serving, chill glasses in the freezer for a few minutes (5-10 minutes) to keep the milkshake cold for longer.
- In a blender, add chopped strawberries, Oreo cookies, milk, and ice cream. Blend on high speed until the milkshake reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour the milkshake into the chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, extra crushed Oreo cookies, and strawberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pro Tips to Make Oreo Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- I usually like the milkshake to be a little thicker, so I add 1/2 cup of full-fat milk for every 1 ½ cup of ice cream.
- The only rule you should keep in mind when making a milkshake is that it is better to have high-fat milk. The fatter the milk, the more creamy the milkshakes will be. So for the creamiest milkshake texture, aim for whole milk. If you are vegan, you can use non-dairy milk.
- If you want to prepare a low-calorie milkshake, you can reduce the amount of ice cream and use vanilla yogurt.
- Serve milkshakes immediately and don’t refrigerate them.
Can I Make a Milkshake Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making it ahead of time. This milkshake is best served as soon as it is blended.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries in the Milkshake?
Yes, using frozen strawberries can help you to make a thicker and frostier milkshake. Just replace the fresh strawberries with the same amount of frozen strawberries in the recipe.
Did you like the strawberry Oreo milkshake recipe? Try my Lotus Biscoff milkshake as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Milkshake Recipes?
- Snickers Milkshake Recipe
- Mango Milkshake Recipe with Ice Cream
- Dates Milkshake (Khajoor Milkshake)
- Pomegranate Milkshake Recipe
- 6-8 Oreo cookies plus more for garnish
- 3 cups vanilla or strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 6 strawberries, hulled and chopped plus more for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
Before serving, chill glasses in the freezer for a few minutes to keep the milkshake cold for longer.
In a blender, add chopped strawberries, Oreo cookies, milk, and ice cream. Blend on high speed until the milkshake reaches a smooth consistency.
Pour the milkshake into the chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, extra crushed Oreo cookies, and strawberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!