A salted caramel milkshake is a sweet and creamy summer treat made with a blend of milk, ice cream, and salted caramel sauce. It typically has a rich, caramel flavor with a hint of saltiness.
About This Recipe
I love salted caramel in almost anything! In Cookies, puddings, coffee drinks, and shakes or even drizzled over ice cream. This milkshake is made with 4 simple ingredients and has a unique caramel taste. It’s a perfect way to shake up your hot summer days!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to whip up: Made with simple ingredients and a straightforward recipe, this salted caramel milkshake is packed with delicious caramel flavor. No fancy equipment is needed for this recipe, just the basics and 5 minutes of your time.
- Perfect for summer: It’s an amazingly sweet and refreshing drink perfect for sunny days!
- Easily customizable: Homemade milkshakes are easily customizable with your desired toppings and flavors. For an extra decadent treat, top your milkshake with whipped cream, drizzle caramel sauce, and sprinkle with some crushed caramel candy.
What You Need To Make Salted Caramel Milkshake
- Vanilla ice cream: Use high-quality and fresh ice cream.
- Milk: You can adjust the thickness of the milkshake to your choice. For this reason, you can increase or decrease the amount of milk. For this recipe, you can add 1 cup of milk to get a thicker milkshake and 1.5 cups of milk to make a thinner milkshake. Use whole milk to make a milkshake. If you do not want to use whole milk, make sure that the milk-fat ratio is at least 2%.
- Salted caramel sauce: Drizzle caramel inside serving glasses. If you do not like ready-made caramel sauce, you can make homemade caramel sauce and enjoy its taste.
- Salt: Add a pinch of sea salt for added texture and flavor.
How to Make Salted Caramel Milkshake
- In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, caramel sauce, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the milkshake and adjust the saltiness or sweetness by adding more salt or caramel sauce.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce inside the glass. Pour the milkshake into a glass.
- Top it with whipped cream if desired, and drizzle some more caramel sauce on top. Serve immediately.
You can customize the recipe by adding bananas or strawberries. You can also add nuts such as hazelnuts and peanuts. I usually garnish the caramel milkshake with whipped cream, which I think is enough.
- Blend in some crushed pretzels for a salty twist to your salted caramel milkshake.
- Add a spoonful of peanut butter to your salted caramel milkshake for a nutty and indulgent flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of chocolate syrup or cocoa powder to your salted caramel milkshake for a decadent chocolate twist.
How Do You Make a Thicker Milkshake?
Reduce the amount of milk or liquid you add to the blender. This will result in a thicker consistency. Increase the amount of ice cream or frozen yogurt in your milkshake. This will make a creamier and thicker milkshake.
Can I Make a Milkshake Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making it ahead of time. This milkshake is best served as soon as it is blended.
What Milk Is Best for Milkshakes?
Full-fat milk tends to make creamier and richer milkshakes. But if you like, you can use low-fat milk or non-dairy milk. The texture and flavor of the milkshake will change a little, but you will still have a delicious milkshake.
What Is the Best Ratio of Milk to Ice Cream for Milkshake?
I usually like the milkshake to be a little thicker, so I add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of full-fat milk for every 1 ½ cup of ice cream.
Did you like the salted caramel milkshake recipe? Try my Snickers milkshake recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Milkshake Recipes?
- Lotus Biscoff Milkshake Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Milkshake Recipe
- Dates Milkshake Recipe (Khajoor Milkshake)
- Mango Milkshake Recipe with Ice Cream
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, about 6 scoops
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, caramel sauce, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Taste the milkshake and adjust the saltiness or sweetness by adding more salt or caramel sauce.
Drizzle some caramel sauce inside the glass. Pour the milkshake into a glass.
Top it with whipped cream if desired, and drizzle some more caramel sauce on top. Serve immediately.