This Lotus Biscoff milkshake is creamy, and thick, topped with crushed Biscoff cookies and melted cookie spread. Delicious summer treat that everyone will love!
About This Recipe
A milkshake is a sweet, cold beverage made by blending milk or ice cream with various flavorings such as fruits and syrups. These thick and creamy summer drinks do not have a specific method of preparation and you can use different ingredients to make them according to your taste. They come in a wide range of flavors and variations, including classic options like vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, as well as more indulgent and unique combinations like cookies and cream, Nutella, and cookie butter.
A Lotus Biscoff milkshake is a delicious frozen treat that combines the rich and spicy flavors of cookie butter with creamy and sweet milkshake goodness. This milkshake has a luscious consistency with a rich cookie butter flavor.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Cookie butter flavor: Lotus Biscoff cookie butter has a sweet, caramelized, and slightly spicy flavor. When added to a milkshake, it creates a decadent treat that undoubtedly you will enjoy. Be sure to check out these other great Biscoff Recipe ideas!
- Easy to make: Biscoff milkshake is pretty simple to make. All you need is a blender, Biscoff cookie butter, Biscoff cookies, milk, ice cream, and whipped cream for topping.
- Creamy and rich: Biscoff is a brand of spiced cookie butter spread made from Speculoos cookies. When blended with ice cream and milk, it creates a rich and thick milkshake consistency.
What You Need For Biscoff Milkshake Recipe
- Biscoff cookies + Biscoff cookie spread: Cookie butter is a star ingredient in this recipe. It adds a sweet and spicy flavor to the milkshake. Also, crushed Biscoff cookies add a lot of flavor and texture to the milkshake.
- Milk: It is better to use full-fat milk. The fatter the milk, the more creamy the milkshakes will be. So, for the creamiest milkshake texture, aim for whole milk. If you are vegan, you can use non-dairy milk.
- Vanilla ice cream: The best flavor to blend with the Biscoff cookie butter, is undoubtedly vanilla! Of course, chocolate ice cream can also be a good alternative to vanilla ice cream.
- Toppings: A large glass of milkshake is incomplete without toppings. Whipped cream, crushed biscuits, chocolate sauce, or melted cookie butter. All of these are good options for Biscoff Milkshake.
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs. The quickest way is to put the cookies in the food processor and pulse them until they are finely ground. The quickest way is to put the cookies in the food processor and pulse them until they are finely ground. I prefer to use the food processor to crumb cookies, but if you don’t own one you could use a large ziplock bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Place Biscoff cookie butter in a microwave-proof bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Combine ice cream, milk, and cookie spread in a blender and blend until combined. If the consistency is too thick, be sure to add a small amount of milk.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, and melted cookie butter.
Vegan Biscoff Milkshake
The original Biscoff cookies and cookie spreads are vegan. Lotus Biscoff with Chocolate contains dairy. For a vegan Biscoff milkshake, you can use almond milk and dairy-free ice cream.
Biscoff Milkshake Without Ice Cream
You can simply add ice cream or remove it from this recipe. The easiest way to have a no-ice-cream Biscoff milkshake is to blend a few ice cubes with milk. Note that if you want to end up with a creamy milkshake you should add ice cream. Also, you can add frozen bananas to have a thick milkshake.
Can I Make a Milkshake Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making it ahead of time. This milkshake is best served as soon as it is blended.
Pro Tips To Make Biscoff Milkshake
- If you like to make a glass of milkshake and enjoy every sip of it, you should know the tricks of making a milkshake. One of the most important points is the freshness of the ingredients in the recipe. Use fresh milk. Now it’s time to put the ingredients together in a blender!
- For a creamy milkshake, make sure you use full-fat ice cream, whole milk, or half-and-half.
- Serve milkshakes immediately and don’t refrigerate them.
- For best results, remember to add the milk first. Leave the ice cream at room temperature for about 5 minutes until it is soft enough to scoop. Ice cream should be softened but not melted!
- In the end, you can decide on the consistency of your milkshake. If you think it is too runny, you can add more ice cream.
- Pour the milkshake into a large glass cup and top it with whipped cream or biscuit crumbs.
Did you like the Lotus Biscoff milkshake recipe? If you like this recipe, try the Strawberry Oreo Milkshake. Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Biscoff Recipes?
- Lotus Biscoff Muffins Recipe
- Homemade Lotus Biscoff Tiramisu Recipe
- Biscoff Latte Recipe
- Lotus Biscoff Crepes Recipe
- Lotus Biscoff Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 lotus biscoff cookies
- 1 tablespoon of lotus cookie butter
Crush cookies into fine crumbs. The quickest way is to put the cookies in the food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. Place Biscoff cookie butter in a microwave-proof bowl and melt in the microwave.
Combine ice cream, milk, and cookie spread in a blender and blend until combined. If the consistency is too thick, be sure to add in a small amount of milk.
Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, and melted cookie butter.