A Tiramisu latte is a delicious and indulgent coffee-based beverage that combines the flavors of Tiramisu, a classic Italian dessert, with the creamy richness of a latte. Make your own rich, creamy, warm, and comforting tiramisu latte at home with just a few simple ingredients.
About This Recipe
This homemade tiramisu latte is a decadent, sweet, and easy beverage that is a great alternative to a classic latte. If you love Tiramisu dessert, then you will absolutely love this Tiramisu flavored coffee drink! It typically consists of espresso or strong brewed coffee combined with milk, flavored with vanilla syrup or sugar, and topped with sweet mascarpone whipped cream. With this recipe, your Tiramisu latte will beat Starbucks any day.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Tiramisu latte is one of the most simple espresso drinks to make at home. All you need is a few key ingredients and a bit of time and patience.
- Comforting and cozy: The warmth of the coffee mixed with the sweetness and creamy texture of mascarpone whipped cream can make for a comforting beverage that feels like a treat.
- Delicious: The combination of coffee with the decadent flavors of tiramisu creates a delicious balance between bitterness and sweetness.
Tiramisu Latte Ingredients
- Espresso: Traditional lattes are made with espresso, but strongly brewed coffee will work too.
- Milk: You can use any milk, dairy, or plant-based, but the best milk for frothing is whole dairy milk because it has a good balance of fats and proteins.
- Vanilla syrup: Vanilla Syrup adds a rich and sweet flavor to the tiramisu latte.
- Heavy whipping cream: Use heavy whipping cream to make a whipped topping for a tiramisu latte.
- Mascarpone cheese: Mascarpone can be used to make a rich whipped topping for a tiramisu latte.
- Powdered sugar: It is added to whipping cream to sweeten and stabilize it.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is often used to add a rich and chocolatey flavor.
- Ladyfingers for garnish
How To Make Tiramisu Latte
- In a medium-sized bowl add mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar then beat until smooth.
- Add whipping cream to the mixture and continue to beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Make a double shot of espresso. Add cocoa powder and mix to dissolve.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan. Transfer the hot milk into a clean French press and whisk quickly to make the milk foam. Whisk/plunge the milk for 30 seconds or until the milk has doubled in volume. (You can also use a milk frother or espresso machine steamed milk)
- Add the frothed milk and vanilla syrup to the espresso and mix them together.
- Top with mascarpone whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate curls over top.
- Garnish with ladyfingers. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can still enjoy having a great Tiramisu latte using a Moka pot, or French press.
- How to froth milk? Use a simple milk frother! A milk frother is a device commonly used to make foam on beverages such as milk and coffee, and you can also use it as a small mixer.
- The first thing you need to know is that the milk you choose must be fresh, do not use milk that has been refrigerated for several days because you will not get the result you want. In general, whole milk, as well as non-dairy alternatives such as soy milk and oat milk, tend to give you a good foam to work with.
- To add a sweet and nutty flavor to the Tiramisu latte you may add a teaspoon of amaretto syrup.
- Tiramisu iced latte: For an iced version of this latte, brew your espresso or strong coffee and let it cool down. In a blender, combine the chilled espresso, milk, vanilla syrup, and cocoa powder. Blend well until all the ingredients are combined and frothy. Top with mascarpone whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate curls over top.
What Is Tiramisu Latte Made Of?
A tiramisu latte is a coffee drink made with steamed milk, espresso, or strongly brewed coffee, whipping cream, powdered sugar, mascarpone cheese, and cocoa powder.
What Does a Tiramisu Latte Taste Like?
Tiramisu latte is a delicious balance between bitterness and sweetness with hints of chocolate and vanilla, and creaminess of mascarpone cheese.
Did you like the tiramisu latte recipe? Try my vanilla cinnamon latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Latte Recipes?
- Cardamom Rose Latte Recipe
- Lotus Biscoff Latte
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- 2 shots espresso (2oz) or strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1(8oz) cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- Cocoa powder and ladyfingers for garnish
In a medium-sized bowl add mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar then beat until smooth. Add whipping cream to the mixture and continue to beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
Make a double shot of espresso. Add cocoa powder and mix to dissolve.
Warm the milk in a small saucepan. Transfer the hot milk into a clean French press and whisk quickly to make the milk foam. Whisk/plunge the milk for 30 seconds or until the milk has doubled in volume. (You can also use a milk frother or espresso machine steamed milk)
Add the frothed milk and vanilla syrup to the espresso and mix them together. Top with mascarpone whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate curls over top. Garnish with ladyfingers. Serve and enjoy!