The cardamom rose latte combines the hints of rose water with the warming and spicy touch of cardamom. It typically consists of freshly brewed espresso mixed with steamed milk, flavored with rose water and cardamom, and finally sprinkled with dried rose petals on top.
About This Recipe
A cardamom rose latte is a warm, comforting beverage made by combining espresso with steamed milk and flavored with rose water and cardamom. This coffee drink is often topped with dried rose petals to add a floral aroma and visual appeal. The combination of espresso and the rich, floral rose water creates a balanced and indulgent taste. Ground cardamom adds a lovely warmth and depth of flavor to the latte that is sure to impress.
Why You Will Love Rose and Cardamom Latte
- Versatile: The rose cardamom Latte can be customized to suit your preferences. You can adjust the sweetness, the amount of rose water and cardamom, and even the type of milk used to make the drink.
- Unique flavor: Cardamom adds a distinct, warm, and slightly sweet flavor to the latte. Rose water adds a delicate floral flavor that will take your coffee latte to the next level.
- Easy to make: With a few basic ingredients and tools, you can easily make a cup of latte. Better than a store-bought one and way tastier.
- Comforting: Cardamom latte can be a soothing and comforting drink, especially during colder months. The warmth and the combination of flavors can create a cozy and satisfying experience.
What Do You Need to Make Cardamom Rose Latte
- Espresso: A traditional latte is made with espresso shots mixed with steamed milk and a layer of foam on top. Some people prefer to make a latte using strongly brewed coffee instead.
- Milk: The best milk to make a latte is typically whole milk. Whole milk has a higher fat content, which helps create a creamy and rich foam. You can also use alternative milk options such as oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk if you have dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Rose water: Rose water is a fragrant liquid made from rose petals. It is made by steaming or distilling the petals of roses. You can typically find rose water at Middle Eastern or Persian grocery stores.
- Cardamom: The combination of the bold and strong coffee flavor, creamy milk, floral rose water, and spicy cardamom notes creates a comforting drink that is perfect for chilly mornings or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Rose petals: Rose petals are often used as a garnish in drinks.
- Vanilla syrup: Vanilla syrup adds a rich and sweet flavor to the latte. You can substitute vanilla syrup with some sugar and vanilla extract.
How to Make Cardamom Rose Latte?
In a small saucepan, combine milk, rose water, and lightly crushed cardamom pods. Heat on the stove until the steam rises. (Do not boil it.) Remove the cardamom pods from the milk. Then froth milk as usual (with a French press or milk frother). Brew a strong shot of espresso using an espresso machine or Moka pot. Pour the espresso into a cup. Add vanilla syrup, simple syrup, or sugar to the espresso and stir. Then, slowly start adding the foamy rose and cardamom-flavored milk on top of the espresso. Top with rose petals.
- How to froth milk? Use a simple milk frother! A milk frother is a device commonly used to make foam on beverages such as milk and coffee, and you can also use it as a small mixer. You can also use a French press to foam milk. Simply pour the milk into the French press, filling it only halfway. Raise and lower the plunger rapidly until foam begins to form.
- The milk you choose must be fresh, do not use milk that has been refrigerated for several days because you will not get the result you want. Whole milk gives you better foam, of course, you can also use low-fat milk and kinds of milk such as almond milk and soy milk.
- Caffeine-free cardamom rose latte: Add milk, rose water, and beet powder (for the pink color) to a blender. Blend until frothy and combined. Pour the milk into a small saucepan. Add cardamom pods and vanilla syrup. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat until warm. Remove cardamom pods. Pour into the mug and top with rose petals.
- Spiced Cardamom Rose Latte: Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the latte mixture for a warm and cozy flavor.
- Iced Cardamom Rose Latte: The iced version of this latte is perfect for hot summer days.
How Many Shots of Coffee Are in This Latte?
For this recipe, you will need 1 or 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso.
What Does Cardamom Rose Latte Taste Like?
The combination of espresso and the rich, floral rose water creates a balanced and indulgent taste. Ground cardamom adds a lovely warmth and depth of flavor to the latte that is sure to impress.
Where Can I Buy Rose Water?
You can typically find rose water at Middle Eastern or Persian grocery stores.
Did you like the cardamom rose latte recipe? Try my vanilla cinnamon latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Latte Recipes?
- Matcha Latte Recipe
- Lotus Biscoff Latte
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- 1 shot of espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
In a small saucepan, combine milk, rose water, and lightly crushed cardamom pods. Heat on the stove until the steam rises. (Do not boil it.)
Remove the cardamom pods from the milk. Then froth milk as usual (with a French press or milk frother). Brew a strong shot of espresso using an espresso machine or Moka pot. Pour the espresso into a cup.
Add vanilla syrup, simple syrup, or sugar to the espresso and stir. Then, slowly start adding the foamy rose and cardamom-flavored milk on top of the espresso. Top with rose petals.