This festive 4th of July fruit salad is a combination of fresh, juicy, colorful fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries watermelon, and apples. The fruits are usually cut into bite-sized pieces and mixed in a bowl. It’s perfect for the 4th of July and all summer gatherings.
About This Recipe
This bright, easy-to-prepare fruit salad paired with a citrusy and sweet dressing is a delicious side dish or dessert for summer get-togethers. It’s an incredibly delicious fruit salad made with a mix of berries, watermelon cubes, and star-shaped apples. All you need to do is cut up the fruits into bite-sized pieces and just toss them all together.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: This salad is super easy to pull together and is packed with delicious fruit flavor.
- Refreshing: The 4th of July fruit salad can be served as a light and fresh snack, or dessert, for all your celebrations and parties.
- Customizable: You can mix and match different fruits to create your very own salad recipe. Add yogurt or whipped cream for an additional creamy texture or even top it off with nuts or seeds for added crunch.
What You Need to Make 4th Of July Fruit Salad
- Watermelon: Use seedless watermelon or remove the seeds and cut it into cubes.
- Strawberries: Use fresh and sweet strawberries for the best results.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great addition to the 4th of July fruit salad as they add a burst of sweetness and a beautiful pop of blue color.
- Raspberries: Raspberries add a sweet-tart flavor and a pop of bright red color to the salad.
- Apples: Apples add a nice crunch and sweetness to salads. You can use a cookie cutter to cut out mini star-shaped apple pieces.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice adds bright citrus notes to your salad.
- Honey: To make a simple salad dressing, you can whisk together fresh lime juice and honey for sweetness.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and watermelon cubes.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out mini star-shaped pieces from apple slices and then add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and gently toss all of them together.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Can I Swap Out Raspberries From Salad Recipe?
Yes, you can certainly swap out raspberries for another fruit in a 4th of July fruit salad recipe if you prefer.
How to Pick a Juicy and Sweet Watermelon?
Give the watermelon a tap with your fingers. You should hear a deep, hollow sound. Look for a creamy yellow spot on the underside of the watermelon, which indicates that the melon ripened in the sun.
Did you like the 4th of July fruit salad recipe? Try my 4th of July mocktail recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 3 cups diced watermelon
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 apples, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a large bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and watermelon cubes.
Use a cookie cutter to cut out mini star-shaped pieces from apple slices and then add them to the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey. Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and gently toss all of them together.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.