Banana and Apple Fruit Salad is a refreshing and tasty combination of bananas, apples, and a variety of other diced fruits such as oranges. The salad is often tossed in a light, sweet, and creamy vanilla yogurt dressing.
About This Recipe
Have a bunch of bananas that are about to go bad? Ripe bananas can be a great addition to fruit salads, bringing natural sweetness and fruity goodness to the mix. This fruit salad made with apples and bananas is very simple, packed with nutrition, delicious, and perfect for parties, picnics, and barbecues.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Refreshing and Light: The combination of bananas, apples, and oranges creates a refreshing and light dessert.
- Customizable: The banana and apple fruit salad is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add other fruits such as grapes and berries to enhance the flavors or use various dressings to take your salad to the next level.
- Easy to make: This fruit salad is relatively easy to make and requires minimal ingredients and effort.
Banana and Apple Fruit Salad Ingredients
This healthy fruit salad recipe is great for barbecues, potlucks, and family gatherings. There are tons of other fruit salad recipes which are made by combining different fruits. This salad is a combination of apples, bananas, and oranges and can be easily customized with the fruits you like. I also used vanilla yogurt dressing for the drizzle.
- Vanilla yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, stir together the vanilla yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Taste the dressing and adjust the sweetness.
- Chop up the apple and orange into small pieces, Place in your bowl.
- Slice the banana, Place it in the bowl as well as the apple and oranges.
- Drizzle the dressing over the chopped fruits. Stir gently until combined.
- Apples and bananas discolor over time, it is best to prepare this salad a few minutes before serving.
- How to keep banana and apple slices from turning brown quickly? Add a little lemon juice to help preserve their freshness.
- To make the salad look more vibrant, you can use red, green, and yellow apples and not peel them.
- Instead of oranges, you can use fresh and delicious mandarin oranges.
The good thing about salads is that you can customize them with your favorite fruits. Fresh strawberries, grapes, or walnuts are also delicious choices. Add a little lemon juice to help preserve the fruit’s freshness. You can substitute lemon juice with orange juice or pineapple juice.
Looking for More Fruit Salad Recipes?
- Winter Fruit Salad Recipe
- Pineapple Fruit Salad Recipe
- Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Did you like this Banana and Apple Fruit Salad recipe? Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 2 apples, chopped (green or red apples)
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, stir together the vanilla yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Taste the dressing and adjust the sweetness.
Chop up the apple and orange into small pieces, Place in your bowl. Slice the banana, Place it in the bowl as well as the apple and oranges.
Drizzle the vanilla yogurt dressing over the chopped fruits. Stir gently until combined.