A coffee smoothie with instant coffee is a delicious and energizing beverage made by blending together instant coffee, milk, banana, peanut butter, and additional flavorings and sweeteners. A tasty way to boost your mood and start your day right.
About This Recipe
This coffee smoothie with instant coffee has a rich flavor that is both refreshing and satisfying, perfect for a morning pick-me-up or as a mid-day boost. To prepare the coffee smoothie, you should first dissolve the instant coffee in a small amount of hot water. Then, in a blender, mix the coffee concentrate, milk, bananas, and peanut butter. You can use regular dairy milk, almond milk, or any other milk alternative of your choice.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Smoothies are perfect for busy days or when you want a nutritious breakfast on the go. All you need to do is blend, pour, and enjoy!
- Simple ingredients: Our easy and energy booster coffee protein smoothie recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients, like creamy peanut butter, protein powder, strong coffee, and almond milk.
- Filling and delicious: Looking for a delicious breakfast smoothie? The creamy texture and combination of flavors make this coffee smoothie a satisfying and enjoyable beverage to start your day off.
Coffee Smoothie Ingredients
- Coffee: To make an easy coffee base for the smoothie, simply dissolve instant coffee granules in hot water. You can use brewed coffee or espresso instead of instant coffee.
- Banana: Bananas can be frozen or added to a smoothie at room temperature if you do not like your smoothie to have an icy texture.
- Milk: You can use both vegan milk and dairy milk to make this smoothie. I prefer to use almond milk as it’s got a perfect nutty flavor.
- Nut butter: The secret to this smoothie’s creamy texture and great taste is nut butter. I prefer to use creamy peanut butter, you could easily use almond butter instead.
- Vanilla extract: A hint of vanilla extract adds a nice touch of sweetness and flavor.
How to Make Coffee Smoothie With Instant Coffee
Dissolve the instant coffee granules in hot water. Pour all the ingredients into the blender and give a few pulses until it is completely smooth and frothy. You can also add a few pieces of an ice cube to have an icy texture smoothie. Feel free to add sweeteners such as sugar, honey, or agave syrup if you want to.
You can always play around with the ingredients and flavors in smoothie recipes.
- Milk: You can replace dairy milk with almond milk or any vegan milk of your choice.
- Sweetener: This smoothie made with peanut butter and ripe bananas, is sweet enough on its own but if you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add a tablespoon of maple syrup, agave syrup, or honey.
- Rolled oats: It is not necessary to add oats to the smoothie but no one can deny that oats are high in fiber and protein and they provide a thicker texture.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: The combination of coffee and chocolate has always been good, even in a smoothie.
- Coffee Protein Smoothie: You can use your favorite protein powder in this recipe. I like using either plain, vanilla, or chocolate-flavored protein powder.
Can Smoothies Be Made Ahead and Refrigerated?
I prefer to enjoy smoothies right away. This coffee protein smoothie is best eaten immediately, or at least within 1 day. So if you’ve got some leftover smoothie pour it into an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. If the smoothie starts to separate with time, just shake it up before drinking or use a spoon to mix it.
Can I Use Instant Coffee in a Coffee Smoothie?
Yes, you can use instant coffee to make a coffee smoothie. Simply dissolve the desired amount of instant coffee in some hot water, let it slightly cool, then blend it with the other ingredients.
Did you like the coffee smoothie with instant coffee? Try my apple pie smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 2 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 medium ripe banana, frozen and sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Dissolve the instant coffee granules in hot water. Pour all the ingredients into the blender and give a few pulses until it is completely smooth and frothy.
You can also add a few pieces of an ice cube to have an icy texture smoothie. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more maple syrup if necessary.