Here’s the perfect peanut butter banana smoothie recipe for breakfast! Filling, delicious, easy to blend up and full of peanut butter flavor.
About This Recipe
Smoothies are a delicious and simple way to treat yourself in the morning. Most smoothies have a maximum of 4-5 ingredients that can be found in most pantries. All you have to do is to gather all the ingredients and put them in a blender and pulse a few times until the texture is creamy and smooth.
Peanut butter and banana smoothie is one of the best smoothies for morning ritual. This healthy smoothie is so easy to make with creamiest texture and perfect for sipping on the go.
Ingredients You Need to Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Banana: Frozen bananas add natural sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Use fully ripe and slightly spotted bananas.
- Peanut butter: Use smooth peanut butter in smoothie recipes.
- Milk: Use almond Milk or your fave milk alternative.
- Maple syrup: Adjust the sweetness with maple syrup.
How to Make Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
- Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with banana slices and melted peanut butter drizzle.
Variations and Optional Ingredients
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds vanilla flavor and pairs perfectly with the peanut butter.
- Oats: Rolled oats add protein, fiber and thickness to the smoothie. Just add a handful of it to the ingredients in the blender.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds warmth, flavor and natural sweetness to the smoothie.
Did you like the peanut butter banana smoothie recipe? Try my mango strawberry smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 large banana (sliced, frozen)
- ¾ cup milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Taste and add maple syrup if desired.
Pour into a tall glass and garnish with banana slices and melted peanut butter drizzle.