An incredibly delicious breakfast sandwich made with bread, peanut butter, banana, and strawberry jelly. This peanut butter jelly banana sandwich is perfectly grilled and filled with ooey-gooey goodness. A decadent and indulgent option to start the day with.
About This Recipe
The crisp and golden bread slices filled with sliced bananas, peanut butter, and strawberry jelly will be your new go-to breakfast. You only need 5 basic ingredients and 10 minutes to make these grilled sandwiches.
Why You Will Love PB&J With Banana
- Uses pantry ingredients: This recipe is incredibly easy to make and you can find all the ingredients already in your kitchen.
- Easy to make: This irresistibly sweet and filling sandwich takes just 10 minutes to make.
- Full of peanut butter flavor: These rich and flavorful PB&J sandwiches are bursting with warm peanut butter and deliciously sweet strawberry jelly.
Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Sandwich Ingredients
- Bread: Feel free to use your favorite bread to make the sandwich. I used white sandwich bread for this recipe.
- Peanut butter: You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
- Strawberry jelly: Use jam or jelly of your choice. I have used strawberry jelly for this recipe.
- Banana: Cut the banana into about thick slices.
- Butter: Use butter to grill bread slices.
How to Make Banana Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich (Step-by-Step)
- Melt some butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread 4 slices evenly with a layer of peanut butter on one side and top with banana slices.
- Spread the strawberry jelly on the remaining slices and close the sandwiches.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- PB&J Banana Roll-Ups: Use a tortilla or flatbread to make delicious breakfast roll-ups. Spread peanut butter and jelly on the tortilla, then peel the banana and place it on one end of the tortilla and roll it up tightly. Cut it into bite-sized pieces for a fun twist on the classic PB&J banana sandwich.
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey: Take your sandwich to the next level by swapping strawberry jelly for honey. Spread peanut butter and jelly on the bread, then add sliced bananas. Drizzle honey over the bananas before closing the sandwich.
- I prefer using firm bananas rather than overly ripe ones for this recipe.
- You can use crunchy peanut butter in this recipe for extra crunch and texture.
- You can use different types of nut butter, like almond or cashew butter for the twist on this recipe.
What Kind of Bread Is Best for a Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Sandwich?
The best bread for a PB&J is plain white bread or whole wheat bread.
Can I Use a Different Type of Jelly or Jam?
Yes, you can use grape jelly, strawberry, or raspberry jam that pairs well with peanut butter.
Can I Make This Sandwich Ahead of Time?
It is best to make it right before you plan to enjoy it to ensure the best flavor and texture. it is best to wrap them in plastic wrap and then keep them inside a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Did you like the Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Sandwich recipe? Try my Nutella French toast recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons strawberry or grape jelly
- 2 bananas
- 8 white sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
Melt some butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
Spread 4 slices evenly with a layer of peanut butter on one side and top with banana slices.
Spread the strawberry jelly on the remaining slices and close the sandwiches.
Place the sandwich in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.