Strawberry cheesecake overnight oats are tangy and creamy with a hint of sweet strawberry flavor. They are perfect as a grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings. Deliciously creamy strawberry cheesecake overnight oats that taste like dessert!
About This Recipe
Strawberry cheesecake overnight oats are made with rolled oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and a little bit of maple syrup. The oats absorb the liquid and soften during the night and create a porridge-like consistency. You can serve it with strawberry jam, some fresh strawberries, and graham cracker crumbs.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Make ahead recipe: You can make this dessert ahead of time and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Filling and delicious: Oats are a good source of fiber and protein and can help keep you feeling full for longer. Milk and yogurt provide calcium and protein, while cream cheese adds a little bit of creaminess and fat.
- Customizable: Overnight oats are amazingly customizable. You can customize overnight oats in so many ways by using different types of milk, toppings, and sweeteners.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Rolled oats: Use rolled oats (old-fashioned oats) for this recipe. Quick oats are rolled much thinner than rolled oats. This process makes their cooking time shorter. For this reason, when mixed with milk and left in the refrigerator overnight, they will turn mushy.
- Almond milk: Almond milk gives richness and a lovely nutty flavor to the overnight oats.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds an additional protein boost to your breakfast.
- Cream cheese: The cream cheese adds a little bit of tang and creaminess to the overnight oats.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is my sweetener of choice for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds sweetness and flavor.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds absorb a lot of liquid, which helps to create a thick and creamy texture in overnight oats.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt is necessary for this recipe.
- Graham crackers: Serve strawberry cheesecake overnight oats with crushed graham crackers and diced strawberries on top to mimic the flavors of a classic strawberry cheesecake.
- Fresh strawberries and strawberry jam
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, softened cream cheese, almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seed, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the strawberry cheesecake overnight oats with crushed graham crackers on top, a spoonful of strawberry jam, and fresh strawberries.
What Is the Ratio of Oats to Milk?
The ratio I always use for overnight oats is 1:1. Mix one part old-fashioned oats with one part milk. Add extra milk if you like thinner overnight oats.
Can I Skip the Graham Cracker Topping?
Yes, graham crackers are completely optional and are used to add texture and buttery flavor to the Overnight Oats.
Can I Add Other Fruits or Toppings?
Yes, feel free to add chopped nuts or other fruits such as bananas and blueberries. You can also drizzle some maple syrup on top to add more flavor and sweetness.
Did you like the strawberry cheesecake overnight oats recipe? Try my Biscoff overnight oats recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Graham crackers, crushed
In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, softened cream cheese, almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seed, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Stir in the chopped strawberries until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, a mason jar, or a glass cup with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
Serve the strawberry cheesecake overnight oats with crushed graham crackers on top, a spoonful of strawberry jam, and fresh strawberries.