A green smoothie filled with nutrients and refreshing flavors that tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. This creamy and amazingly delicious mint chocolate chip smoothie is quick and easy to make.
About This Recipe
The fresh flavor of mint with the sweetness of banana and spinach nutrients will give you everything you could want in a smoothie. This smoothie has just the right sweetness and creamy consistency. In addition to its unique taste, this smoothie also has a beautiful appearance and color that attracts a lot of attention. Mint chocolate chip smoothie is a favorite of our family both as a breakfast and as a dessert.
What You Need To Make Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Pure peppermint extract: A few drops of peppermint extract can give a good taste and freshness to the smoothie. You can use 4-5 fresh peppermint leaves instead of peppermint extract. Peppermint extract is usually very concentrated. It is better to add a small amount first and taste.
- Banana: Frozen bananas add natural sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Use fully ripe and slightly spotted bananas.
- Baby spinach: Spinach is low in carbs but high in fiber and adds nutrients to the smoothie. Don’t worry, the smoothie won’t taste the spinach at all.
- Almond milk: Almond milk is perfect for smoothies. It adds creaminess and nutty flavor to the smoothie.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle vanilla flavor to the smoothie.
- Chocolate chip: For a decadent smoothie, use dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or bars.
How to Make Mint Chip Smoothie
- Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
- Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with mint sprigs, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.
Variations and Optional Ingredients
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds vanilla flavor and pairs perfectly with peppermint flavor.
- Protein powder: Add protein powder to boost the nutrition content of the smoothie.
- Avocado: Avocado adds creaminess and texture to the smoothie.
Did you like the mint chocolate chip smoothie recipe? Try my mango strawberry smoothie recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Fresh peppermint sprigs for garnish
Slice the banana a few hours before and put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer until it freezes.
Put all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass and garnish with whipped cream, chocolate chips, and mint sprigs.