Caramel Latte is a beverage based on espresso that is a staple on every coffee-shop menu. This sweet and creamy latte recipe is perfect when you want a coffee but also crave something caramel-y.
About This Recipe
Easy, delicious, homemade caramel flavored latte is a perfect combination of coffee and caramel topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle. A Caramel latte tastes like a cup of heaven when it is freezing cold outside! There is no need to make caramel sauce from scratch. Store-bought caramel sauce will work well in this recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Caramel-flavored latte made with pantry ingredients and tastes better than any you’d get in Starbucks. A mildly sweet and warm latte made with espresso, caramel syrup, and milk topped with whipped cream. Spoon or pipe a generous whipped cream dollop on top and drizzle with caramel sauce.
What Do You Need to Make This Latte
- Coffee: If you have an espresso machine or Moka pot at home, you will not have hard work. However, if you don’t have them and you don’t want to miss drinking a latte, you can also try other coffee alternatives, you can use the coffee you brew with a french press!
- Milk: You can use dairy milk or non-dairy milk for this latte.
- Caramel Sauce: You can use classic caramel sauce or quick caramel sauces made with brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract or vanilla syrup: Vanilla adds sweetness and flavor.
- Whipped cream: Top mocha latte with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
How to Make This Latte?
As I said, the combination of this latte is espresso, milk, and caramel. After the latte is ready, you can add a little whipped cream to the cup and drizzle with caramel topping. 😋
First, pour one or two tablespoons of caramel sauce into the cup. Then add the espresso coffee to the caramel sauce. The espresso should be hot. Finally, add the milk and milk foam. If you want to know the ratio between coffee, milk, and milk foam, I have to tell you that ratios are like this: 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup espresso, and 1/4 cup milk foam. You can also top it with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Did you like the caramel latte recipe? Try my vanilla cinnamon latte recipe as well! Leave your comment below and If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photos #yummynotes
Looking for More Latte Recipes?
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup milk
If you have an espresso machine or moka pot at home, you will not have hard work. Prepare espresso with espresso maker or French press.
Warm the milk in a small saucepan. Transfer the hot milk into a clean french press and whisk quickly to make the milk foam. Whisk the milk for 1 minute until it froths.
First, pour one or two tablespoons of caramel sauce at the bottom of the cup. Then add the espresso coffee to the caramel sauce. Espresso should be hot. Finally, add the milk and milk foam. You can also top it with whipped cream and caramel sauce.